How to Get Darker in Winter - 4 Methods to Get Tanned in Winter
If you want to get darker skin in winter you should take every occasion to be out in the sun, use self-tan lotions and spray, use natural darkening skin products such as cinnamon, and eat plenty of beta-carotene containing foods.
The sun is going away and you are in love with that dark skin tone of yours? Many people look for ways to stay tanned in winter. You can take the short way and get darker skin fast or even overnight, or the longer way, which requires time and lifestyle changes. Not all methods to get darker skin fast have to be chemical: in this article we also suggest you how to get darker skin naturally, and how to get a natural tan in winter. Today at oneHOWTO you will learn a wide range of methods to get tanned in winter, stay tanned in winter, get darker skin naturally, get darker skin fast, and in general how to get darker skin in winter - 4 ways to get tanned in winter.
How to get darker skin in winter: preparation stage
Before exposing yourself to the sun, self-tan, or any other skin darkening method, you should make sure you prepare your skin to obtain the best results:
- Always keep your skin moisturized with deeply nourishing oils such as coconut oil or avocado oil. It will make you get darker skin fast, and stay tanned in winter for longer.
- Work out regularly, and especially before getting tanned in winter: exercising increases blood circulation, which stimulates tanning.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin from the inside.
- Shave before getting a winter tan, otherwise, dark pigments will go away together with your hair when you do shave.
- Thoroughly exfoliate your skin before tanning in winter.
- Take a shower immediately before a tanning session.
- Use a tanning accelerator to get darker skin faster, and stay tanned in winter for long. Avoid products containing tyrosine as they are not approved by the FDA.
- Consume foods rich in beta-carotenes such as spinach and carrots.
- Take beta-carotene supplements.
If you perform those steps, you will maximize your chances of getting darker skin in winter, let's see how.
Method 1: how to get darker skin in winter gradually
So you want to get a winter tan. If you do not like an artificial effect and you want to avoid making mistakes, get a winter tan gradually. This is how to do it:
There are excellent self tanning lotions and gels that are specifically formulated for gradual tan. You should buy a good quality product that is only one or 2 shades darker than your natural color, then you can increase the darkness overtime. The product will work within days, not hours, so if you are looking at how to get darker skin overnight, this is not your best bet. However, this is the best way to get darker in winter without looking orange or undergoing a tanning bed (which has health consequences). It won't damage your skin and you will look natural and fabulous while looking tanned in winter.
The last tip to get darker skin in winter with gradual self-tan is to buy a separate product for your face, that should be non-comedogenic, meaning it won't block you pores.
Let's see some more methods to get darker skin in winter.
Method 2: how to get darker skin overnight
If you want to get darker skin overnight you have different options:
- Use a fast self tanning lotion. Those products contain dihydroxyacetone that adds pigments to your skin. Choose a good brand.
- Self tanning sprays also contain dihydroxyacetone. You should apply several layers of self-tanning spray until you reach the desired skin color. This can be done within one day. A safer, more effective option to look tanned in winter with self tanning spray is to get it applied by a professional in a tanning saloon. It won't be too expensive, and will give you more even darker skin.
- Tanning bed: 5 minutes of tanning bed equal 2 hours in the sun, so this is a good way to get darker skin overnight. To stay tanned in winter, you can use a tanning bed regularly for a few minutes. By producing increasing quantity of melanin, you will get darker and darker. However, tanning beds are not harmless, so you should discuss the risks associated with them (including sunburns and skin cancer) with a professional. Always wear googles when getting a tanning bed.
Those 3 methods will help you get darker skin overnight, but what if you want to do it naturally? Read further to discover how to get darker skin naturally.
Method 3: how to get darker skin naturally
If you want to get a natural tan in winter, there are steps you can take towards your goal. After the preparation phase described in section 1, you should buy some sea water (available in health shops), put it in a spray bottle, and go in the winter sun when it is strongest. Wear a sunscreen and spray your skin with sea water. Use a reflective sheet and stay at least 2 hours in the sun. Your skin will not be as dark as in summer, but it will glow, and you will look healthy and less pale.
Another way to get darker skin naturally is by applying cocoa butter daily: it will darken your skin tone slightly. So this is a nice and healthy way to get darker skin naturally in winter, but what if you need a quick fix, while still wanting to keep it natural? Here is what to do.
There are 2 ways to get darker skin naturally and fast:
- cinnamon rub: mix 2 tablespoons of cinnamon with half a cup of your body lotion or oil, mix and spread onto your face and/or body. Let dry. You will get darker skin fast. Whenever you want, you can wash this out with water and soap.
- Black tea: make 250ml of black or dark tea with 5 tea bags. Let sit for half an hour. Dip a foam paintbrush into the tea and paint your skin with the tea. Let dry, and apply again if you want darker skin. Let dry completely before dressing up. Whenever you want, you can wash this out with water and soap.
As you can see, it is not only possible to get darker skin fast, it is also possible to get a natural tan in winter, and to get darker skin naturally. Let's come to the last method to get darker skin in winter.
Method 4: how to get darker skin in winter with makeup
Here is the last, most obvious way to look tanned in winter: makeup. Choose a good quality bronzing powder that is only one or 2 shades darker than your skin color, or it will look artificial. You can apply it anywhere you want, and is the safest, quickest option for a night out.
This is the last method to get darker skin in winter. Now, a few tips for after-tan.
How to stay tanned in winter
You are tanned, and do not want your amazing skin tone to fade away? Here is how to stay tanned in winter:
- Avoid exfoliating
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Keep you skin hydrated
- Eat lots of raw carrots
- Take cold showers, they aid circulation and do not dehydrate the skin
- Use a mild self tanning lotion on a regular basis
You now know all about how to get darker skin in winter!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get Darker in Winter - 4 Methods to Get Tanned in Winter, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.