How to Make Fake Freckles with Makeup
Just a few years ago people with freckles used to feel that they have somehow been cursed to carry spots on their faces. But with the sudden appearance of freckles on runway models it, has now become a beauty feature. The rage of freckles has grown so large that people with smooth skin are now opting for creating fake freckles through makeup. The reason behind this huge popularity is that when freckles are placed strategically over the face it makes people look makeup free and youthful. Read this OneHowTo article to find out how to make fake freckles with makeup.
Freckles using Eyebrow pencil or gel
There are several ways to make freckles with makeup, though a good primer and foundation that matches your skin tone is key to create a perfect base for them. Take a look at the first method.
You will need
- Waterproof, long wear eyebrow pencil or gel
- Eyeliner brush
- Mattifying powder
- Powder Puff
- At first choose the right color of brow gel or pencil. You will need a brown color which is a few shades darker than your natural skin tone. If you have any mole or sun spot on your skin then use its color for reference.
- At first apply the mattifying powder all over the face. This helps in creating the matte base for the look.
- If you are using waterproof brow gel then dip an eyeliner brush in it and then place little dots like freckles over the area where freckles would naturally occur in your face which includes the cheeks, middle of brows and the bridge of nose.
- If you are using eyebrow pencil then use it directly to place the dots over your face.
- Then using your fingertips gently press each freckle. This helps the freckles to blend with your face.
- Take the powder puff and use translucent powder to set the freckles and give the final look of naturally freckled face.
Freckles using sunless tan product
Another easy way of creating fake freckles on your face is by using tanning products, these may last a little longer than makeup, but you need to make sure you apply it properly or you could be stuck with weird looking freckles for several days.
You will need
- Sunless tanning product
- Eyeliner brush
- Freckles using sunless tan product can last on your face for up to a week if the skin is not exfoliated for a week. So, before applying the fake freckles wash and exfoliate your face.
- Let your face dry completely. Meanwhile take out the tanning product and put some of it in a small dish. The color of the tanning product should be a few shades darker than your natural skin tone.
- Apply a thin layer of this tanner all over your face up to the bottom of the neck. Just exclude the eyes and lips.
- Let this layer dry for a little while.
- Now take the eyeliner brush and dip the tip in the dish containing sunless tanner. Using the eyeliner brush mark tiny freckles on the face where freckles would naturally occur.
- After applying the fake freckles, apply pressure over each freckle with your index finger. This helps in blending the freckles and makes them look natural and less round in appearance. Let the fake freckles dry.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Fake Freckles with Makeup, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.