How To Get Beautiful Skin Like A Model
With or without photoshop, models need to take care of their skin. The blemish-free, flawless skin you have always longed for is possible for most with the right approach. With today’s busy schedules, not many have time to visit spas and indulge themselves in expensive skin treatments. Skin is sure to take a hit with the pollution, stress and weather changes we encounter everyday. It is easy to imagine that only models are gifted with shiny, beautiful, smooth skin. But that’s not true. They have to take greater care of their skin in order to become fashion icons. Here, at oneHOWTO, we are giving you a few skin care tips that can actually tell you how to get beautiful skin like a model.
Take care of your diet
What you eat easily shows on your skin. Here are a few things that you should take care of while planning your meals:
- Antioxidants are extremely helpful in fighting against diseases and prolonging the aging process by minimizing inflammation and damage. The major factor that contributes to the formation of wrinkles is inflammation. Best foods that contain antioxidants include organic green tea, goji berries, acai berries, pomegranates, spinach, nuts, seeds, raspberries and dark chocolates.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are also significant in lowering inflammation and preventing breakouts in the skin pores. They are also helpful in rejuvenating and repairing your skin, leaving it shiny and healthy. Omega-3 fatty acids are abundantly available in eggs, nuts, seeds, seafood and fish oil supplements.
- Eat green vegetables, fruits and other foods that are sufficiently rich in vitamins and proteins. Consume a diet that is rich in vitamin C, but low in sugar and fat. It will promote a radiant skin for sure. A low-sugar diet will also keep your insulin levels low, thus allowing your skin cells to maintain balance.
- Avoid eating fermented, spicy, fried and salty foods, as well as citrus fruits. Instead, go for blander food options like rice, applesauce and oatmeal.
- Avoid sugar and salt as much as you can. These are two of the most addictive and unhealthiest foods on this planet. Too much salt may make your face dry and bloated. Most foods naturally contain enough of salt and sugar, and you should avoid adding more at all costs. Always skip fast food additives, and enjoy your coffee and tea black. A sweet or salty food may taste great for now, but it will have long-lasting consequences on your skin afterwards.
- Minimize your consumption of dairy products, as they contain cow hormones which are known to clog skin pores and trigger acne. Dairy products are added to a large number of food products that we can’t even imagine of. Dairy products are considered to be healthy because they are rich in calcium, but you can easily find other sources of this vitamin too. So, there is no need to make dairy an integral part of your everyday diet, especially for the sake of your skin.
Drink lots of water
Experts always recommend drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day. Doing this has a lot of health benefits. In addition to promoting your overall health, drinking water also helps in staying hydrated, which indirectly helps you to get beautiful clear skin. Dehydration affects the optimal functioning of your internal and also makes your external organ (i.e. skin) dull, saggy, loose and flaky. Drinking water helps in flushing out toxins from the body, as a result of which your skin becomes supple and you keep feeling energized and refreshed all day. If you don’t like drinking this much plain water, you can add some flavor to it in the form of a lemon slice or herbal tea.
Always remove makeup
Never hit the sheets without removing makeup from your face. While you are asleep, your skin gets a chance to breathe during the night. If you don’t remove makeup, it will essentially suffocate it. Leaving makeup on your skin overnight also clogs your skin pores, which leads to blackheads and blemishes on the face. You don’t need a special makeup remover for the purpose. You can just take a drop of olive oil on a cotton swab and massage it on your face to remove dirt and makeup completely from your skin.
Protect your skin from sun exposure
Today’s generation is excessively crazy about tanning beds, chemical sprays and other ways of potentially damaging their skin. There has been an increase in the obsession to obtain sun-kissed skin, but people are not aware of the extent of damage it can do to your health. Never tan your skin to the point that it becomes peeling and red. When you do that, you speed up your skin aging process by as much as ten times.
The more you tan your skin, the sooner you will get wrinkles on your face. The best solution is to apply sunscreen every time you go out in the sun and plan to stay out for over 30 minutes. Don’t skip it even if it is cold or cloudy outside. Sunscreen with at least 15 SPF will block UVB and UVA rays, and protect skin from the harmful effects of sun. Apply even more sunscreen if you are going to a beach, snow, ice or any other reflective surface.
Stay away from hot showers
Hot showers are soothing and refreshing, but steam from the hot water is extremely drying for your skin. It strips out all the oils that your body uses to keep itself moisturized. The older your skin is, the worse it will become with regular use of hot water. But this doesn’t mean you should take a cold shower 12 months of the year. If it’s cold, you can warm the water a little bit just to remove its sting. Many people like to take a hot shower immediately after waking up and before going to sleep. This is the worst thing one can do to their skin as sudden temperature changes can make your skin react.
Increase your physical activity
Exercising regularly, jogging, running and doing yoga will give the required boost to your blood circulation. This, in turn, will accelerate the natural cleansing process of your body. When you work out, you must have noticed the instant glow you get on your face. Going for a brisk walk round the block is enough to circulate your blood all through the body. Don’t forget to moisturize your skin after coming back from your workout session, as it will minimize oil production and keep your skin moisturized.
Try to sleep for at least 7-8 hours every night. Lack of sleep can make your skin look tired, as a result of which you can get sags and bags. So, skipping sleep is not worth taking the risk. Getting enough sleep will work wonders to your skin and lack of sleep can add to the stress levels and increase breakouts. Fix your schedule and stick to it as far as possible. If you can’t sleep for long hours, try to take at least 8 hours of sleep by way of small naps during the day. Don’t forget to remove all makeup and apply a moisturizer before going to bed. If you have dry skin, use a cleanser that is mild and is free from alcohol.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Get Beautiful Skin Like A Model, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.