How to Do the Rice Diet at Home
People tend to think that rice fattens you up, yet there's nothing further from reality. It is very nutritious, easy to digest and provides very few calories, as well as providing long-lasting energy and a feeling of fullness so that you don't feel hungry. Rice is ideal for dieting. You'll be well fed and you'll be able to lose those kilos even more if you follow a proper diet and take into account all of its benefits. In this OneHowTo article, you'll learn how to do the Rice Diet at home so you lose weight effortlessly while enjoying the taste of a food like this, without needing to be an expert in making really elaborate culinary dishes.
The trick to do the Rice Diet at home and being effective at losing weight is to use brown rice accompanied by vegetables. You should greatly reduce the amount of added salt and avoid it completely if possible. Brown rice is recommended because most of the nutrients are in the shell, which is only preserved by consuming this type of rice. These ingredients are proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, fats and vitamin B. In addition, it is more filling than white rice, so you won't be left feeling hungry a few hours after eating it.
Follow this diet consistently and you'll notice the results after 15 days. According to doctors, this is the time required for the body to purify the blood and balance itself. However, before you start it, reduce your fat intake 2 weeks beforehand so you do it gradually and don't start the diet abruptly. Reduce your intake of bread, butter, fried foods and the ingredients shown in our article foods that are high in fat before you start following the rice diet.
In addition, as rice acts as a digestive, you will improve your bowel function by helping your bowel movements to work more easily. This will greatly help you to lose weight while you are following the diet.
It's important that you know how to cook brown rice to follow the diet, so we recommend that you follow these steps. Boil 3 cups of water for every 2 cups of rice, and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes. After this time, it will be ready to eat. It is important that you eat boiled rice to avoid consuming fat by frying it in oil.
The amount can vary from 30 to 40g of dry rice per portion. You can add sautéed or boiled vegetables to complete the dish, plus some herbs and spices to give it more flavour. Just with this premise, you can begin to develop a varied diet, as rice gives you a lot of scope for combining it with other foods. This gives you a varied menu where you don't get bored easily. Boredom is the scourge of every diet.
Lastly, here is a sample menu so you can get started with your Rice Diet sooner. This consists of a maximum of 1200 calories, which will be enough to make you feel full and well fed and help to get rid of those excess kilos. You can vary it as you want and when you follow the rules we've given and you prioritise rice and vegetables, you can add a teaspoon of oil or lemon juice to your salads as a dressing.
Breakfasts: drink a glass of skimmed milk with three rice crackers. You can add coffee or tea with milk.
Mid-morning snack: 150g (5.2 oz) of seasonal fruit.
Lunch: you can vary your meals so you don't get bored. Some examples include:
- 150g (5.2 oz) of steamed hake and two rice crackers.
- Rice with artichokes seasoned with lemon juice or oil.
- 100g (3.5 oz) of white meat, boiled or raw spinach and two rice crackers.
- Mixed salad and two slices of wholemeal bread. Add white cheese.
- Chicken salad with vegetables and two rice crackers.
- 60g (2.1 oz) of rice with another 50g (1.7 oz) of tuna and grilled peppers.
- 60g (2.1 oz) of risotto and a mixed salad. For dessert, a slice of cake made from whole wheat flour.
Snack: 150g (5.2 oz) of seasonal fruit
- 75g (2.6 oz) of mushroom risotto, 2 pieces of fruit and a yogurt.
- 2 eggs cooked with boiled vegetables and 30g (1 oz)of rice. Add a tossed salad.
- 2 tomatoes stuffed with boiled rice with vegetables and cauliflower or similar as a garnish.
- 80g (2.8 oz) of rice with raw tomato, 2 slices of wholemeal bread with artichokes and ham.
- 80g (2.8 oz) of rice with tomato and mushrooms, steamed fennel and a yogurt.
- A bowl of vegetable soup and grilled vegetables. For dessert, a natural yogurt and 3 rice cakes.
- 150g (5.2 oz) turkey breast or grilled chicken and a spinach salad.
As you can see, this is a varied diet. When measured in correct portions by giving importance to rice and vegetables in particular for their low calorie content, you must add meat and eggs as well so you have the necessary source of daily protein. With this type of diet, you eat everything whilst exchanging fatty foods for rice and you completely eliminate fat from your diet. If you follow this diet for 15 days, you'll see immediate results.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Do the Rice Diet at Home, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.