Why is it Important to Exfoliate Your Skin
The impurities of our skin can cause blackheads or blemishes which create an uneven and patchy skin tone. Exfoliation has become a basic beauty treatment for both women and men to deeply cleanse the skin and keep it looking perfect.
At OneHowto we explain why it is important to exfoliate your skin so that you can discover the benefits of exfoliating your skin.
Deeply cleanse your skin. One of the reasons it's important to exfoliate your face and use an exfoliating scrubis because it lets you clean your skin at a deeper level. Exfoliating eliminates toxins and impurities and clears out the dirt that builds up in your pores day after day.
Younger skin. Another reason why so many people exfoliate is because this beauty treatment stimulates blood circulation as we are doing a small massage when we are exfoliating. This massage improves the blood flow, bringing more oxygen to the skin leaving it noticeably smoother, brighter and younger-looking.
For this reason, exfoliating is also good for fighting cellulite although you should use an anti-cellulite cream after exfoliating for best results.
Less greasy skin. Another reason that will convince you why you should exfoliate is that this treatment removes the skin's excess oil and grease. If you have greasy skin, exfoliation can be particularly helpful as it unblocks the pores and controls sebum build-up.
You can also use it to remove grease in other areas such as your arms and legs by using a body exfoliator.
Say goodbye to ingrown hairs. Shaving and waxing can cause ingrown hairs which are unsightly and can be a little annoying. By using an exfoliator you can get rid of these ingrown hairs by applying it to the affected areas.
Tip: before shaving or waxing, make sure you use a body exfoliator on your legs to prevent ingrown hairs.
Now you know why it is important to exfoliate, however, there are certain things you need to remember to look out for before you perform this beauty treatment on your skin:
- If you have irritated skin, don't exfoliate it as it will worsen the irritation and damage the skin.
- The back is one of the areas of our bodies where many impurities accumulate so you should also exfoliate it but take care when doing so.
- If you normally have dry skin, it is advisable to exfoliate your body once a week; if your skin is greasy, it is best exfoliate twice a week. Exfoliating too often may get rid of superficial layers of the skin which protect you from the sun.
- You should exfoliate your skin by lightly massaging the exfoliator into areas where it is needed. It is important to do this in light circular motions to cleanse the skin as well as possible.
- After exfoliating your skin, you should hydrate it with your usual moisturiser because the pores are now open and will absorb the cream's nutrients easily.
If you want to read similar articles to Why is it Important to Exfoliate Your Skin, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.
- Avoid toners with alcohol and serums with Vitamin C