How to Remove Blackheads with Alcohol and Baking Soda
Considered by doctors to be the first phase of acne, blackheads are small yellowish or blackish balls embedded in the pores. Blackheads develop when the skin produces too much oil and worsens due to inadequate cleaning, accumulation of dead skin, make-up or by using topical oils. When bacteria invade the pores, blackheads become spots and for this reason it is important to take them out before they become worse. In this article we're going to explain one method to remove blackheads using alcohol and baking soda. Alcohol disinfects and dries the excess oil on the area affected by pimples whilst baking soda cleans and exfoliates any accumulation of dead skin.
- Baking soda
- Purified or boiled water
- Alcohol for scratches
- Cotton balls
The first step to remove blackheads is to have a clean face free of impurities. For this reason, before starting this home remedy it is important that you fash your face with a mild facial cleanser without oil, especially cleaning the parts of the face that have blackheads. After, gently dry your face with a clean towel and you'll be ready to apply the treatment.
To start, put some alcohol on a cotton ball and gently apply it to the skin, particularly in the affected areas. Alcohol is an abrasive product that can sting, so avoid applying it in areas that are dry, flaky or with inflammation.
Now we're going to explain how to get rid of blackheads with baking soda. To do so, boil half a cup of water and when the water starts boiling add half cup of baking soda. You'll see that when both products mix they turn into a paste that we're going to use as a mask. Leave it cool and then apply it to the skin with the help of a cotton pad or with your hands. Avoid the contact with areas of the skin that are inflammed, dry or with wounds, as it could irritate the dermis. Leave it act on your skin for at least 15 minutes, you'll see how the skin becomes tight.
When you apply the paste on your skin it is recommended that you do a circular massage to promote the exfoliation of your skin and remove all the impurities. After, when the 15 minutes have passed, wash the face with cold water to eliminate any trace of baking soda. You have to wash your face with cold water because it closes the pores and decreases the redness of the skin.
Vaseline is another great product to help you get rid of blackheads from your face. Check out this OneHowTo article and discover how you can use Vaseline for blackheads.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Remove Blackheads with Alcohol and Baking Soda, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.
- It can take time to see the results of using baking soda and alcohol.
- Always use a clean towel to wipe your face, and only use it in your face and not on the rest of your body.
- Do not use baking powder.
- If your skin becomes too dry or irritated, reduce the frequency of treatment. If the reddening and dryness persist it may be that this treatment is not appropriate for your skin type.
- If you have sensitive skin, treat a small patch of your skin on your inner arm and check the next day. If you do not have a reaction, this may be an appropriate resource for you.
- Applying alcohol causes dryness. If your skin starts to peel, use it less often.
- Consult your dermatologist if you want to get rid of acne on your face.