How to Use Exfoliating Socks
Achieving smooth and hydrated skin is the aim of many beauty routines. We spend a lot of time on our face as it is most exposed to the elements. However, it is our feet which often take the most beating. Seasonal changes, sun exposure, contact with the ground, poor shoes and much more can cause the skin on our feet to lose conditioning. Despite this, many people overlook skin care on their feet. Since it is so difficult, finding any way to make caring for our feet easier can be a great help. This is where exfoliating socks come in.
At oneHOWTO, we show you how to use exfoliating socks. We explain what they are and how they can be best implemented in your skincare routine with our foot mask socks guide.
What are exfoliating socks?
Exfoliating socks for feet are an innovative method of footcare. Their popularity has grown recently, making them a somewhat viral beauty product. They are not a flash in the pan, however. They are an effective and inexpensive treatment which can achieve results in as little as seven days. Made from paper, they are a disposable sock which cover the feet and help the skin renewal process.
The goal of exfoliating socks is to penetrate the pores of the feet and remove dead skin. This is why they are sometimes referred to as foot masks, since they work similar to facial mask treatments. Various infusions are also used with this product, including lavender, jojoba or even glycerin. This can help rejuvenate the skin and provide other benefits. Exfoliating socks also contain some kind of moisturizer, using including aloe vera, lactic acid or similar.
How to use exfoliating socks (step-by-step guide)
Exfoliating socks are an easy and inexpensive treatment that you can do from home. The results are not immediate, but you should see changes to your foot skin within about a week. You will not need to perform this treatment as a weekly routine, since a single application will be enough every month or so.
Using foot mask scrub socks is very simple. You will always need to follow the manufacturer's instructions, but they all work to the same principle. However, some may need to be left on the skin for different time periods, depending on the products used. They will usually need to be applied for at least an hour without moving, so bear this in mind if you want to use an exfoliating foot sock. Here is their method of use:
- Wash your feet well to remove any surface dirt, dust, nail debris or loose dead skin. Doing so will help the mask to have a localized and deep effect. Dry them well to remove any remaining moisture and proceed to open the package with the exfoliating socks.
- Place the exfoliating sock on your foot making sure that your it fits snugly into the sock. It must be completely in contact with your skin so the active ingredients can be well impregnated into the skin. Generally, this foot mask will need to be left on for about 60-90 minutes.
- After the recommended time for it to take effect, remove the sock. Wash your foot well to get rid of any debris caused by the beauty treatment.
- From this moment, we will wait. You will notice within a few days that the dead skin starts peeling off, as if you were shedding your skin.
- After seven days, all that skin should have fallen off and that is when it will be time to apply the second moisturizing mask which, under the same logic as the first, you should let act for around 20 minutes.
If you want to look after your feet, but don't like the sound of the exfoliating foot sock, check out our article on how to moisturize your feet.
Benefits of exfoliating feet with exfoliating socks
The new method is having great success among people who want to take care of their feet in an easy and effective way. There are multiple benefits with using scrub socks, although they will vary according to the type you use. These benefits of exfoliating socks include:
- You will achieve soft and hydrated feet in a single application.
- In just 60-90 minutes you will notice an improvement in the appearance of your foot, in turn affecting the repair of the skin.
- It is a very comfortable method to apply, since you can use it at home and you will not need outside help.
- It is an inexpensive treatment, you can find exfoliating socks for only a couple of dollars.
- Good quality products use completely natural treatments that will help you show off spectacular feet.
- They give you an excess to stay off your feet for an hour or two!
Maintaining good health of the feet is very important. In fact, it is fundamental to your overall health. Foot problems can lead to mobility issues, in turn making movement difficult. Also, feet can be a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi, so regular use of exfoliating foot socks can help you to ensure they remain free of infection.
Another way to remove dead skin from your feet is with a pumice stone. Our guide to using pumice stones on your feet will provide more information.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Exfoliating Socks, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.