How to Use Aloe Vera for Stretch Marks
Our body can be overrun with small scars that cost a lot to remove. I'm talking about the striations that appear when we gain or lose weight abruptly or for hormonal reasons, especially during adolescence and pregnancy. Although removing stretch marks is a little difficult, there are some natural products that can help us get rid of these scars, such as aloe vera.
In this oneHOWTO article we tell you how to use aloe vera for stretch marks with a few simple tricks that will help your skin look smoother..
Properties of aloe vera for your skin
Aloe vera (also known as aloe) is a plant that is formed by components which are suitable for treating our skin. It works as a natural moisturizer and is recommended for people with dry skin.
But above all, what stands out with aloe vera is its cell regeneration properties: it regenerates skin tissues, stimulates our natural collagen and elastin, which slows down ageing of the skin and reduces wrinkles or scars.
Its high moisturizing capacity along with its ability to regenerate cells makes aloe vera the perfect ally to fight stretch marks. If you want to know a little more about this plant, on OneHowTo.com we tell you what the benefits of aloe vera for your skin are.
Aloe vera and honey mask for stretch marks
As we've already mentioned, aloe vera works perfectly to treat stretch marks, for this reason we will give you a recipe for a homemade aloe vera mask you can make at home easily and quickly.
Ingredients you need
- 1 cup aloe vera pulp
- 2 teaspoons almond oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
To make the mask you firstly need to beat the aloe vera with the aid of a mixer; when ready, add the honey and almond oil and continue beating until the whole mixture becomes a compact paste.
Then you just have to apply this mixture to the area of your skin where you have stretch marks (which must be perfectly clean and free of any dirt). Let the anti-stretch mark mask work for half an hour and then rinse with warm water. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times a week and see how your skin starts to look smoother.
Aloe vera and avocado mask
This is another version of a anti-stretch mark mask you make yourself. The main ingredients are aloe vera and avocado and it is another option that you can make to treat these skin scars.
Ingredients you need
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp
- 4 tablespoons of the pulp of a ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
To make this mask you have to beat the aloe vera pulp and in another container, do the same with the avocado. Then you should mix these ingredients together and beat again until both ingredients are integrated; when it has formed a creamy paste, add olive oil to make the texture lighter.
Before applying the homemade mask you must take a bath so that your skin is clean and free of impurities; then you can apply the mask in the area with stretch marks and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times a week.
By mixing aloe vera with lemon, you will also obtain a powerful antidote against stretch marks, as we explain in our article on how to get rid of stretch marks with vitamin C.
Coconut oil and aloe vera for stretch marks
Another ingredient to combine when using aloe vera for stretch marks is coconut oil. Its many uses in beauty allow your skin to get its natural moisture back and, thanks to its vitamin E content, will help premature aging and sagging. Let's take a look at the recipe for coconut oil and aloe vera for stretch marks:
Ingredients you need
- Aloe vera gel
- Coconut oil
- In a frying pan, add two spoonfuls of aloe vera gel and a spoonful of coconut oil, which will usually be commercialized in a solid form.
- Heat on medium heat until both ingredients have turned into a perfect liquid form, keeps stirring and make sure they don't burn.
- Once the mixture has turned liquid, strain it in a container.
- Leave it for a while so it cools down to room temperature.
- Apply the oil on the area with stretch marks, carefully massaging the area
- It's best to apply it overnight so it can act for 6 to 8 hours. Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Apply once a day for best results.
Aloe vera and castor oil for stretch marks
The last home remedy to get rid of stretch marks with aloe vera is castor oil, which will boost collagen and elastin production, helping your skin be firm and keep it hydrated as much as possible. If your stretch marks are inflamed, it's also great to reduce swelling, redness and inflammation.
Ingredients you will need
- Castor oil
- 1 leaf aloe vera gel
- Get the aloe vera gel or extract it from the plant and stir it until you get a liquid consistency.
- Add four drops of castor oil and the aloe vera gel to a pan and warm up in a pan until it has warmed up.
- Apply on the area with stretch marks using circular movements. Leave on for around 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and dry the area carefully.
- Repeat every day for around a month for results.
Prevention of stretch marks
It is important that, even though you know how to use aloe vera for stretch marks, that you also have notions about how to prevent these scars. A proper diet, healthy and balanced make sure you're at your ideal body weight and, therefore, your skin will not stretch because of sudden weight loss or gain.
Another factor to consider to prevent stretch marks is the hydration your skin: you must be extremely careful so as not to crack it and make these marks appear. Besides external hydration, you must also take into account internal hydration, therefore you should drink at least 1 litre of water per day.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
Other than aloe vera for stretch marks, there are other Natural Remedies that will help to eliminate and prevent the appearance of these scars.
- Rose musk oil or almond oil are perfect for stretch marks as they really moisturise our skin.
- Grape oil is also ideal for attacking stretch marks because of its high vitamin content which help regenerate skin and improve collagen.
- Cocoa butter is also a natural treatment for stretch marks that helps deeply moisturise the area and clear scars.
- Vitamin E helps blood circulation and fights skin ageing.
On oneHOWTO we give you more home remedies for stretch marks that you can easily prepare at home.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Aloe Vera for Stretch Marks, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.
- These treatments do not guarantee getting completely rid of stretch marks. However, using these treatments regularly will diminish their visibility.
- How long does it take to get rid of stretch marks with aloe vera? You will start noticing your stretch marks fading after continuous application for 30 days approximately.