How to Remove Stretch Marks from the Breasts
Stretch marks are those marks or scars on the skin caused by broken elastin, collagen and reticulin fibres that adversely affect the appearance of the dermis. They are common in areas such as the hips, buttocks, thighs, abdomen and breasts. In this article, OneHowTo will focus on the latter, providing effective solution to remove stretch marks from the breasts and give them a firmer look. We also provide some top tips on how to avoid these unsightly marks so you can prevent their appearance.
Several factors contribute to the appearance of stretch marks in certain areas of the body. It is most commonly related to poor hydration, sudden weight changes, hormonal changes, pregnancy, menopause, stress, etc. With this in mind, we'll run through prevention tips before discussing ways of removing these marks.
- Avoid sudden changes in weight by following a healthy, balanced diet that allows you to keep to your ideal weight. Include diuretic foods in your diet, which help to eliminate toxins and promote cleansing of the body. Great options include: pineapple, melon, blueberries, citrus fruits, artichokes, cabbage, cucumber, tomato, carrot, green tea infusions, horsetail, dandelion, etc.
- Staying well hydrated by consuming between 1.5 to 2 litres of water will help the tissues increase moisture and be more resistant to weight changes.
- If you're exposing skin to the sun, always use a sunscreen with a high protection factor. This is because UV rays are very harmful to the skin and exacerbate stretch marks.
- Moderate physical exercise also promotes elasticity and flexibility of the skin, and protects it from stretch marks caused by potential changes in weight. If you already have stretch marks, avoid weight-training exercises; instead, practice low-impact activities such as swimming, walking, running, cycling, yoga or Pilates, etc.
- Tobacco also affects the appearance of stretch marks as it decreases the production of collagen and elastin. Ideally, you should give it up completely. However, reducing the amount of cigarettes you smoke daily will also have a beneficial effect.
Keeping skin hydrated is essential in preventing stretch marks and reducing existing ones. Therefore, use a stretch mark cream to help with this issue. These are designed to promote cell regeneration of the dermis and protect its elasticity and flexibility. We recommend choosing creams that are also firming and that have ingredients like vitamin E, rosehip, jojoba oil or gotu kola.
You must apply creams thoroughly and correctly to combat stretch marks on the breasts. The best way to do this is to apply a generous amount on the area after showering, rubbing it into the skin with circular movements. If you're pregnant, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist to choose the right cosmetic. You might also find this article helpful: How to remove stretch marks in pregnancy.
In addition to all the above, natural cosmetics are great for reducing stretch marks on the breasts and other body parts. The most effective treatments include shea butter, a kind of cream or paste that is obtained from a fruit similar in shape and almonds and which is very beneficial for skin care. It hydrates it deeply and contains vitamins A, D, E and F, which are excellent in preventing stretch marks from developing on the chest during breastfeeding.
Apply a small amount of shea butter in the area by massaging in circular movements until it is completely absorbed by the skin.
Don't forget repairing and regenerating oils as these can help to replenish the skin, leaving it smoother, more uniform and beautiful. Rosehip oil is definitely the best option when it comes to fighting stretch marks. This product contains fatty acids that help regenerate the skin, and vitamin A that helps prevent the formation of imperfections and reactivates blood circulation.
If you want to enjoy all its properties, apply a few drops of rosehip oil to clean skin and start rubbing it in using circular clockwise movements. Other natural oils that will help you to minimise these scars are olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or sesame oil.
Aloe vera is another of the best natural stretch mark products in the world. This is because it works as a moisturiser, it repairs damaged tissues and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. This both reduces scarring and slows down the ageing process.
You can use it in two ways to fight stretch marks on the breasts. On the one hand, you could apply the gel directly from the leaf of an aloe vera plant; on the other, you could buy aloe vera gel from pharmacies or herbalists.
There are many more effective natural products to reduce stretch marks and to boost skin firmness and smoothness. These include avocado, grape oil, vitamin E capsules, cocoa butter, etc. Learn more about these in our article on How to remove stretch marks with home remedies.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Remove Stretch Marks from the Breasts, we recommend you browse around our Beauty & Personal Care category.