How to Spot a Fake Prada Nylon Bag
Branded items may sometime prove to be a pocket pinch but their quality makes us crave for them again and again. On the other hand the fake knockoffs may be obtained at a relatively low price but their quality can make us cringe. The problem arises when someone dupes us by providing a fake item at the price of the authentic item. One of the brand name which is often copied and then sold is Prada. In this oneHOWTO article we will tell you how to spot fake Prada nylon bag.
The first thing which you should always notice while buying a branded Prada bag is its stitching. Authentic Prada bags have very neat stitch with no loose hand hanging from any side, such as the case of other designer bags like Guess or Louis Vuitton, which typically have imitation versions. Also, the stitch on Prada bags are small and even.
If you find a Prada bag with uneven stitching or a loose end then you can be sure that you are being sold a fake item.
Prada has certain rules when it comes to the exterior logo. They follow these rules very diligently. The rules are:
- The color of the enamel on the logo plaque is always the exact color of the bag. Even if it doesn’t match exactly it would be very nearly of the same color. If we're talking about a vintage Prada bag, this may not be the case, so it's not a defining trait.
- The letter ‘R’ in the Prada plaque is never straight. It always has a curved leg. To look for it, take a closer look at the 'R'. You will notice that the curve of the letter does not connect to the right leg of the letter, there is a space between them too.
- The plaque should be firmly attached with even stitching around it.
Any Prada bag in which you find even a bit difference in the exterior logo apart from the above rules, then don’t buy it as it is fake.
An authentic Prada bag has a very clean finish. There is no frayed edge on the strap or seam. If you find a Prada purse with frayed ends then it is a hundred percent fake bag.
Authentic Prada has the Prada logo printed in front and comes with a sealed authenticity card. The authenticity card contains a serial number and style information.
If you have a Prada bag with no authenticity card then it is fake Prada bag. If a Prada bag does come with an authenticity card but has low quality prints, discoloration or uneven spacing then it is a fake bag.
There will also be a number inside each of your Prada bag's pockets. It will be printed on a small white tag, so make sure it is in all of them!
Authentic Prada purse comes with an interior plaque. The old ones have “Prada Milano Made in Italy” on them. The words are written in three separate lines. The new one reads “Prada Made in Italy” in just two lines. In this case, no matter if it's a new or an old Prada bag, the color of the plaque should be the exact same as the interior lining.
The material of the plaque should be either leather or ceramic, do not trust bags that are not made out of any of these two materials.
The lining inside the bag should be monochrome, which means it should only be in one color and should never have any embroidered patterns on it.
Prada exclusive hardware
Does your Prada bag have different adornments hanging from it such as lockers, a buckle or a nice zipper? Then you should make sure they all have the Prada logo engraved on it. If not, you can assure it is a fake Prada bag. As most of them are made out of brass, they do not oxidize, so if you see that any of the hardware is worn or rusty, then it is most likely a fake Prada bag.
Zippers will also have their zipper brand engraved on the back part of it. It could be any of the following: Ykk, Opti, Ipi, Riri, Lampo.
Now you know how to spot a fake Prada bag, you can also take a look at other popular fakes that you may encounter in secondhand markets or when buying online. Check out the following articles:
If you want to read similar articles to How to Spot a Fake Prada Nylon Bag, we recommend you visit our Fashion & Style category.
- If you are purchasing a secondhand Prada bag it may be more difficult for you to spot a fake, though if you follow each of the steps mentioned in this article you should be able to tell it apart from a legitimate Prada bag.
- You can tell 100% it's a fake bag if any of the words are misspelled, as this is what imitation retailers do in order not to be sued by the company.