How to Lighten a Female Moustache
The hair on the upper lip is one of the areas most hated by women and that they most try to disguise. To remove it you have two options: plucking the mustache or bleaching the hair. If you choose the second option we should know that not all women have the best results with lightening: it is only recommended for people with light, sparse hair. If you're a brunette or have long hair, it is advisable to opt for waxing.
In this oneHOWTO article we will teach you how to lighten a female mustache with an easy, fast and effective method.
Upper lip lightening cream
There are several methods to lighten a mustache, although the first may be the most effective.
- The first thing you must do to lighten your mustache is to go to the supermarket and buy a special bleaching cream for facial hair.
- Once you have it at home, you should wash your skin thoroughly to remove any other creams or makeup that you used during the day.
- Once you have a clean face, you will find a pair of gloves to avoid your hands coming into contact with the bleach. If the product doesn't come with gloves, look for some cleaning gloves that you have at home and wear them.
- Then to lighten your mustache mix the bleach cream until it forms a homogeneous and compact paste. Once done, with the help of a spatula or a brush, spread the cream over the area with the mustache and leave it on for the time shown on the product, which is normally 15-20 minutes.
- When the advised time has elapsed, remove the mixture from your skin with warm water making sure it is completely clean of any remaining product.
- Then you just have to put some toner on your skin to moisturize and refresh the lightened area. Hair lightening usually lasts between 2 and 3 weeks. After this time, you will have to repeat the mustache lightening process to conceal the hair.
How to bleach mustache with hydrogen peroxide
Another method used to lighten your upper lip hair is to use hydrogen peroxide. It may not be the most recommended method to use at home, although it can get you out of a rough patch.
You will simply have to mix the same amount of hydrogen peroxide and water leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. This method may also stain the skin, so make sure you don't expose this area to direct sunlight during the first 24 hours or it could create an upper lip mustache shadow.
If you want to know more about this method, take a look at our article on how to bleach a mustache with hydrogen peroxide.
Lighten upper lip area naturally
There are also several methods you can used which are considered natural. You can learn all of them from our article on how to naturally bleach your female mustache. However, you should know that they still have a chemical reaction on the skin, especially lemon, which is one of the most used methods for this purpose.
There are less aggressive methods such as papaya or tomato that can effectively do the trick. First, let's take a look at how to lighten upper lip with a tomato.
- Clean your skin thoroughly
- Cut half a tomato in half and cover the area with hair
- Leave the juice from the tomato and rinse with cold water after four minutes' time
- Repeat daily for a lighter tone.
Papaya also has a lightening effect with less side effects than lemon, although it may not have such effective results:
- Remove the pulp from half a papaya.
- Mash the pulp and mix with two teaspoonfuls of milk.
- Stir until you get a homogeneous, thick paste.
- Apply on the upper lip and leave to stand for around ten minutes.
- Massage the area and rinse off.
Bleaching upper lip hair side effects
Lightening or bleaching is just one of the ways to remove a lip mustache. Many prefer to refrain from the area due to the possible side effects these methods can present. Make sure your are aware of the following:
- Mustache bleaching may cause allergic reactions, as many commercial creams contain chemicals that can react if you have sensitive skin and thus cause itchiness and redness.
- On the other hand, lightening of the skin may cause discoloration of the skin. As we've mentioned, this can also happen with products such as lemon, especially when exposed to the sun.
- When using chemical products to lighten a mustache, the skin may become dry or irritated, especially lighter and sensitive skin.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Lighten a Female Moustache, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.