How To Have Perfect Lips
The lips are undoubtedly one of the most attractive parts of the face; with them we seduce, transmit sensuality and kiss. For them to be a true sign of beauty it is essential that we keep them hydrated and soft, avoiding the appearance of flakes, cracks or dead skin and wounds. You must pamper your lips daily, as you do to other areas of the body, as they are very sensitive and dry out easily. Put into practice the tips in this OneHowTo article and discover how to have perfect lips that are very kissable.
Protect your lips against the weather, both in winter and in summer. This is essential to keep them healthy and free of flakes, cracks and wounds. A good way to give them the daily protection they need is by applying a lip balm that will hydrate and moisturise them for hours. Balms with sun screen (SPF) are ideal for minimizing the damage of UV rays on the lips, this will help keep them beautiful and young. Keep a lip balm in your handbag and apply it as many times as you like through the day.
Like the face, lips also require your attention to always look impeccable. If you do not offer them the moisture they need they will be much more prone to dryness and the appearance of unsightly wrinkles. Before you go to bed you can moisturise lips with a cream enriched with vitamin A, C or E, they will quickly regain their natural softness.
If you want to use natural cosmetics the following home remedies are amazing, giving you perfect lips that are as soft as silk:
- Prepare a lip balm mixing the crushed pulp of an avocado with 7 drops of olive oil.
- Spread a little shea butter over the lips.
- Apply honey on the lips and leave on for 20 minutes. Then apply a little Vaseline and finally removed with warm water.
- Produce a cream combining virgin beeswax with a teaspoon of almond oil and apply it on the lips.
- Regenerate the skin of the lips by rubbing them with some aloe vera pulp.
Another sure step to make the appearance of lip unbeatable is to exfoliate them once a week. With exfoliation a complete renovation takes place, the dead cells are removed resulting in a juicier mouth. You can use either commercial exfoliating lotions or you can prepare one yourself at home using natural products. The bests homemade lip scrubs are those which mix honey and sugar, Vaseline and sugar or coffee and almond oil. We advise you to stretch out on the lips with the help of a toothbrush for best results.
You can easily make a honey lip scrub at home. To do so:
- Mix a teaspoon of sugar with a teaspoon of water
- Put warm water on your lips
- Rub the honey scrub over your lips doing a circular movement
- Rinse all the scrub from your lips
In many cases lipsticks that give colour to the lips may jeopardize their health causing allergic reactions and, consequently, affecting the youth of the skin in this area. That is why we must be careful with cosmetics and select those which are hypo-allergenic and quality formulas. And if you wonder how to keep lip make up intact for hours so that they look perfect all the time take note on the following tips:
- First, apply a moisturising lip balm.
- Then apply some of your usual make up base with a brush or sponge.
- Follow the contour with a lip liner in the same shade of lipstick that you use.
- Apply the lipstick with the help of a brush made for this and then close the lips onto a piece of toilet paper.
- Apply a second coat of lipstick.
- Seal the make up with a little translucent powder... you are done! Your lips will be spectacular without need for continuous retouches.
Other than all these beauty tips, remember that internal hydration is important for all of our skin, so it is important that you try to drink plenty of water through the day (1.5 to 2 litres). Regarding diet, antioxidant foods rich in vitamin C and E are excellent allies to preserve the youthfulness of the lips and dermis in general.
Do you have the habit of biting your lips all the time? If so, it is essential that you try to drop this habit as the friction produced by the teeth can accelerate the appearance of wrinkles as well as small wounds that are very annoying. Likewise it is not advisable to wet lips with saliva frequently, this affects their natural shine and softness.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Have Perfect Lips, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.