How to bleach body hair at home
Although different temporary and permanent hair removal methods are increasingly used, there are certain areas where we usually hide hairs using other techniques. This is the case in areas such as the arms, upper lip or legs, where we prefer to lighten hairs to make them nearly invisible, all through a pain-free procedures. On OneHowTo.com we give you several options for you to discover how to effectively bleach body hairs.
Hydrogen peroxide lightens hair naturally but not permanently. This method is very simple. Apply a little hydrogen peroxide to the area you want to lighten and sit in the sun for 20 minutes. This procedure can also be performed with the heat of the hair dryer, applying heat for 25 minutes.
This is slower than traditional bleaching methods but works great on hairs that are not too dark. It is generally recommended for upper lip or small areas of the abdomen.
You can buy bleaching product at any pharmacy, perfumery or commercial beauty establishment. This product consists of two containers: the first contains hydrogen peroxide and the second one bleaching dust. There is also a spatula and a small container. The steps are:
1. Clean the part you want to bleach with a sponge, soap and water. Then dry well.
2. Mix the two bottles into equal parts. The amount used should be calculated according to the size of the area you want to lighten.
3. Spread the mixture obtained on the skin with the spatula and wait the necessary time and indicated in the instructions, which is usually around 5 to 7 minutes.
4.Wait the indicated time and, once it has elapsed, remove the mixture with a spatula and then with water. It is not recommended to leave on the skin for more than 10 minutes.
5. Moisturise the skin so it does not dry with a cream applying it with a light massage.
Learn how to lighten facial hair with hydrogen peroxide in this OneHowTo article.
An alternative that is also widely used, especially when it comes to facial hair is the use of lemon. Although this technique should be used with care to avoid stains, it is a natural effective option. In our article how to lighten facial hair naturally we explain more natural ways to lighten hair.
If you want to read similar articles to How to bleach body hair at home, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.
- Don't use the mix on the face or in intimate areas because the skin is much more sensitive and delicate.