Kobido Face Massage - Benefits and Technique
Many of us think that the best massage is one where we are lying face down and our back is pummeled into oblivion. While these massages are very helpful for certain types of muscle stiffness and pain, it is not the only way to make us feel good. Facial massages are more than just self-care. They can help our overall wellbeing, even though the massage is localized to the face. Our face is also one of the most sensitive parts of our body and needs to be cared for accordingly. This is where the Japanese technique of kobido face massage comes in.
At oneHOWTO, we explain what is the kobido face massage? We look at how it benefits our health and wellbeing, as well as the correct kobido facial massage technique.
What is kobido face massage?
Over the decades, massage techniques originating in the South East have gained a strong role in the rest of the world. The reason for this is their proven effectiveness and many benefits on our own health. Among all of them, one of the most popular today is the kobido firming facial massage. This is similar to shiatsu, but with greater anti-stress and relaxing benefits.
It is said that this type of massage was first developed in ancient Japan to be able to relax the samurai warriors after battles, providing them with comprehensive muscular and mental relaxation. Broadly speaking, it is a massage that is applied to the internal muscles of the face, which must constantly withstand all kinds of contractions and expressions. Through pulsations of fast and slow movements, it is possible to relax the muscle and give an anti-stress effect. At the same time, it firms the skin of the face, promoting circulation and providing better elasticity.
Benefits of kobido facial massage
Today, many people employ the kobido facial massage treatment as a way to ensure their skin rejuvenates. Many people will assure they feel radiant and energetic after a kobido face treatment. The reason for such a feeling of elation is partly due to the relaxing effect massages produce, but it is also due to the specific benefits they provide.
Below, we review some of the main benefits of kobido face massage:
- The energetic and repetitive movements favor the natural production of collagen, making your skin recover its elasticity and helping wrinkles to disappear. This can help us to look younger.
- Its energizing technique activates the circulation of the face, making your skin renew itself and fill it with vitality. This makes your appearance look much more radiant and luminous.
- Kobido has a draining effect on the skin, helping to shift toxins and breakdown adipose tissue. a
- This massage not only has aesthetic benefits, but it is also tremendously relaxing for our senses. The kobido massage has the ability to relax us in an integral way thanks to a technique that goes to the deepest muscles of our face.
Kobido facial massage technique
Kobido massage is based on Asian massage techniques that are centuries old, but are still being shared and studied today. It is a mixture of fast and slow repetitive movements that go from the neck to the forehead. Its purpose is to trying to manipulate and tone each facial area.
These are some of the steps to know how to do a kobido massage:
- Start with enveloping and ascending movements from the neck to the jaw for 10 or 15 repetitions.
- Then, the area of the lips and nose should be worked, both on the septum and the cavity around the nostrils, exerting light pressure with the middle finger until reaching the eyelid.
- Once it reaches the eyes, go around the eye socket and work any dark circles or crow's feet which may be present. We massage this areas with light pressure using many repetitions.
- Then the massage is directed towards the area between the eyebrows where pressure and drainage is applied and goes up to the forehead .
- After all these repetitions, the massage concludes with energetic fingertip movements from top to bottom of the face. Finally, the hollow palms of our hands are placed on the eyes and a deep breath is taken.
How long does it take for kobido to work?
Receiving a single kobido massage is an experience in itself. You should instantly feel better about yourself and the world around you. How long this feeling lasts depends on the individual. If you are wanting to know how long it will take for the aesthetic results on the skin to appear, this will also depend on the given circumstances.
Until the skin is activated and it takes effect, the ideal is to start with a weekly massage and gradually move on to a fortnightly massage. Finally, keep your kobido appointment as a monthly massage routine. The sessions usually last between 50 to 60 minutes and we assure you that it will be your favorite moment of the month. Depending on your age and the current state of skin health, you should start seeing the positive effects after only a couple of sessions.
If you want to read similar articles to Kobido Face Massage - Benefits and Technique, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.