How to Wear Saree without Blouse and Petticoat
There are many reasons you might want to know how to wear saree without blouse and petticoat. Maybe you do not like those garments, maybe it is too hot to wear them, maybe you want to surprise your husband, or you just want to find an alternative to wearing blouse and petticoat. We will help you find alternatives for wearing a saree without petticoat, and saree without blouse, teach you how to tie a saree without blouse, and how to tie a saree without petticoat. So, read on this OneHowTo article on how to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat.
How to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat
In ancient India, sarees used to be worn without blouse and petticoat, and this still happens in some rural areas. People in those areas do not wear saree without blouse and petticoat to be more attractive, they do it because the weather is hot, and it is socially accepted for women of all ages.
However, for women who live in towns and cities it can be harder to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat.
First of all, it is important to decide whether you want to wear a saree only, without blouse and petticoat, or you want to substitute the petticoat and blouse with other items. Let's see first how to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat, with nothing underneath.
The first general rule is: wear nothing under the saree in private, do not go out in the street dressed inappropriately. It is nice to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat for your husband, or people who are comfortable with it. You might also want to read how to look hot in saree.
In the next sections, we will explain how to wear saree without blouse and petticoat in much more details.
So, how to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat? Let's start with the blouse.
How to tie a saree without blouse
In some regions such as Bengala, sometimes women wear saree without blouse at home. Here is how to tie a saree without blouse.
Just wrap the end of the saree around the shoulder. You can choose to wrap the saree around the shoulders more or less tight. If you choose to wear it tight, it will cover the all breasts area. If, for whatever reason, you want to show the chest area wearing a saree without blouse, wrap it loose.
Now that you know how to tie a saree without blouse, let's see how to tie a saree without petticoat.
You might be interested in how to wear a saree in a new style.
How to tie a saree without petticoat
You have different options when it comes to wearing a saree without petticoat. Just keep in mind that you have to tuck it properly if you do not want to end up naked, make several attempts!
- you can just tie the non-pallu end of the saree in a knot, then you wrap it on the upper part. Then pleat and arrange the pallu as usual.
- you can also tuck the petticoat to an elastic waistband, it is much easier. Or you can attach a band to the saree itself
- to wear a saree without petticoat, you could wear a tight belt
- there are some traditional, regional saree styles that are worn without a petticoat: Dhoti style, Andhra puja style, Maharashtrian Nauvari style, and some other Tamil and Telegu styles
- You can tie a knot on your waist area while draping, make it tight and tuck the pleates in it
If you want to dress for your husband, you could consider wearing see through saree without petticoat, which looks very sexy, yet elegant.
Let's see alternatives for wearing saree without blouse and petticoat.
How to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat: alternatives
If you do not want a nude look, and are simply looking for alternatives to blouse and petticoat, here are a few alternatives for wearing saree without blouse and petticoat:
- wear a salwar instead of petticoat
- leggings are a good alternative for wearing a saree without petticoat
- pants and palazzos are also good options instead of petticoat
- a lechenga style skirt can also be used instead of petticoat, and it has the benefit of giving more volume to the saree
- for a saree without blouse, you can wear a nice t-shirt
- for a sexier version of saree without blouse, you could opt for an embroidered bra, or a bikini
- If you want to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat, but still have your parts fully covered, you can opt for saree gown designs. This is basically a gown, a single piece of cloth, that looks like a saree and covers everything, and also has volume at the bottom, like a saree, blouse, petticoat all in one.
As you can see, there are many options on how to wear a saree without blouse and petticoat!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Wear Saree without Blouse and Petticoat, we recommend you visit our Fashion & Style category.