How to Get Dolphin Skin Makeup Tutorial
Makeup trends change from season to season, but some seem like they might be around for a while to come. If you are looking for something fresh and exciting, the dolphin skin makeup trend could be what you're looking for. Despite its odd name, this makeup trend provides your skin with a fresh, juicy and hydrated look. It will make you feel as shimmering and fresh as your skin makes you look. Although we get this look using makeup, the result provides a look which feels natural and provides natural beauty.
At oneHOWTO, find out how to get dolphin skin with our makeup tutorial. Follow our step-by-step guide to get a look which is particularly good for spring and summer fashion styles.
What is the dolphin skin makeup trend?
It is now becoming more fashionable to show our beauty in a natural and youthful way, no matter how young we actually are. Until recently, it has been more fashionable to achieve a perfect, yet artificial look. The more current trend is to have a face which looks health and radiant. With this mentality in mind, we show you the makeup style which has become known as dolphin skin.
Dolphin skin uses makeup to provide bright, fresh and hydrated-looking skin. The types of make up to create this effect includes saturated color, illuminators makeup mists. The name comes from the fact that this look provides wet, taut and shiny skin which many dolphins display. Many influencers and celebrities have been opting for this aesthetic.
The idea with dolphin skin is to make it look as natural as possible. However, not everyone is lucky enough to have flawless skin that is free of marks or blemishes. This is why this techniques also uses concealers and other makeup to give the effect of clean skin.
Before you do this dolphin makeup tutorial, you may want to increase your skin's healthiness with a natural face mask for dry skin.
Products needed for the dolphin makeup trend
Although the effect should appear as if you are hardly wearing makeup, the dolphin skin trend requires a series of specific products to achieve this look. Unlike other aesthetic fashions, you should ensure that all products are as close to your skin tone as possible. This is so that it does not contrast or look artificial. Some of the products to make this style include:
- Serum: there are different serums depending on your skin type, but they will always provide juiciness and hydration to your face, so it is important to have a good serum in your facial beauty routine.
- Primer: the primer will not only protect your face from the makeup you are going to use, but it will also make it blend perfectly, without noticeable creases or cracks. This works best to conceal its application.
- Make-up base: the make-up base will help you to eliminate any marks, pimples or imperfections that you have on your skin. Remember it is important that it be of your own skin tone, with a matte finish that blends well to avoid spots or cuts the skin.
- Highlighter: the illuminator is one of the stars of this type of makeup since it is the one that brings brightness and juiciness to the face. You should not abuse it, but you should certainly apply it to the cheekbones, nose and forehead to achieve the desired effect.
- Blush: with a discreet and well-applied shade, blush will give your face a natural touch, ideal for this type of youthful aesthetic.
If you are looking for some tips for your specific type of skin, take a look at our article on how to wear makeup if you have freckles.
How to apply dolphin skin makeup step-by-step
If you want to know how to do the dolphin skin makeup look successfully, here are all the most basic steps for you to follow:
- Prepare the skin: for your skin to have the texture of dolphin skin, that youthful and fresh effect appearance, it is best to use a treatment first. For this, you must clean the face well, apply the correct moisturizers for your skin and put on a serum that gives shine to your skin.
- Apply foundation and concealer: cover any blemishes by carefully blending foundation, and apply concealer over dark circles and blemishes until the skin is as matte as possible.
- Brighten with highlighter: using a brush, apply the highlighter carefully, tapping off excess and brushing across the cheekbones, tip of nose, center of forehead and chin.
- Apply a little color with the blush: to finish, apply a little blush on the cheekbones with another brush.
- Give it a fresh effect with a mist: this will not only help you to set the makeup, but it will also give a fresh and dewy effect to the skin.
If you want to do dolphin skin, but you don't have all of these products at your disposal, you can find out how to make your own highlighter at home.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get Dolphin Skin Makeup Tutorial, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.