How to do the Fat-Burning Soup Diet
Want to lose kilos quickly and effectively? The fat-burning soup diet is based around eating a type of soup that has negative calories and, therefore, makes you lose 3 kilos or more in just one week. It is a weight loss diet with very few calories and its the signature dish is a fat-burning soup, a dish prepared in a certain way to enhance the ingredients to help you eliminate calories and thereby lose weight. In this OneHowTo article we show you how to do the fat-burning soup diet so you can discover the secrets of its success.
The fat-burning soup diet was originally designed to treat patients who were about to undergo heart surgery and needed to lose kilos quickly without putting their health at risk. Due to the great results gained through this diet, lots of people quickly saw its potential for cosmetic weight loss and therefore started doing this diet which is based around eating a fat-burning soup for a maximum of 7 days.
This fat-burning soup is made with ingredients and nutrients that eliminate toxins, fluid retention, and saturated fats, but you should only do this diet for 7 days due to its low calorie and vitamin content. The ingredients that make up this soup are:
- Cabbage: A vegetable rich in nitrogen, potassium, calcium and minerals that help promote intestinal transit with little or no calories, (40 kcal per 100g).
- Onion: An ingredient that helps immediately cleanse the body. It has a high water, potassium, sulphur and phosphorous content, and it acts as an alkaline ingredient, therefore, it detoxes the body and ensures that it eliminates toxins through urination.
- Tomato: As a diuretic food it also helps to eliminate toxins and prevent fluid retention. Moreover, it is also invigorating so it helps to improve your heart and blood circulation.
- Celery: This is another ingredient with negative calories that works as a great natural diuretic, so it will help to cleanse the body. It is an ingredient that is rich in many nutrients such as potassium, copper, calcium, sodium, and sulphur, so it will provide the body with different vitamins.
- Pepper: An ingredient that is high in vitamin C, fibre and other nutrients such as magnesium or potassium. By eating this food, its fibre content makes us feel fuller so we aren't as hungry.
The secret of the fat-burning soup diet is the soup's ingredients, which are the basis of this weight loss plan that promotes what are known as negative calories, or catabolic foods, i.e. the soup ingredients make the body burn more calories than you have eaten, directly attacking your body's fat deposits.
To do the fat-burning soup diet you just have to remember that you should eat - for just the 7 diet days - this type of soup that helps eliminate toxins and saturated fats. You can have as much soup as you want throughout the day, have a bowl whenever you feel hungry no matter what time it is.
On the first day of the diet you can only eat soup but on the other days you can include some other foods by following this meal plan:
- Day 1: Unlimited soup and some fruit (except bananas).
- Day 2: Unlimited soup and vegetables (no fruit)
- Day 3: Fat-burning soup, fruits and vegetables
- Day 4: Fat-burning soup, 3 bananas and skimmed milk
- Day 5: Fat-burning soup, 200g beef and 6 fresh tomatoes
- Day 6: Fat-burning soup, unlimited vegetables and 2 small steaks
- Day 7: Fat-burning soup, 150g wholegrain brown rice, one glass of fruit juice and vegetables
After you've done fat-burning soup diet for 7 days, you should start eating healthily to avoid the yo-yo effect. It is important that you take a few tips into consideration to help you keep the weight off after you've completed this 7 day period:
- Stick to light dinners based on boiled vegetables and low-fat proteins (lean meat or white fish). In this OneHowTo article we show you how to make light dinners.
- Drink two litres of water a day. One of the strengths of this diet is its great diuretic properties that help eliminate toxins from the body, so it is important that you continue to do this through drinking water daily to enhance your body's detox process.
- Control your intake of complex carbohydrates. It is important not to overdo it with this type of food and, if you can, choose those that are made with whole grains because they give your body fibre and essential nutrients. Avoid eating carbohydrates later in the day.
- Exercise regularly. To keep in shape and prevent putting back on even a single kilo of what you have lost, it is important that you burn calories by exercising. Therefore, you need to work out at least 3 times a week.
- Cook healthily and limit how much oil you cook with. Choose dishes that can be steamed, baked or grilled, and avoid fried, breaded or cooking with too oil because they add too many unnecessary calories to your dishes. In this article we show you how to cook without oil so that you can enjoy lighter meals.
A successful fat-burning soup diet consists of a number of factors that will give you visible and satisfactory results in just 7 days. The key to success lies in the fact that:
- This diet has negative calories. As mentioned earlier, the soup's ingredients make your body burn more calories than you eat, therefore, it directly attacks your body's deposits of built-up fat.
- It has a detox effect (detoxifying): ingredients like celery, tomatoes or cabbage are great for cleansing and draining the body to promote the elimination of toxins that, in turn, allows the main essential nutrients and minerals to keep your body in working order.
- It is great at satisfying hunger. Although this diet is very low in calories, it controls your hunger thanks to its high content of vegetable fibre that makes us feel satisfied every time we have a bowl of this soup.
However, note that this diet can only be followed for 7 days and you should never exceed this time. Follow the recommendations stated previously in this article if you don't want the yo-yo effect and gain all the weight you've lost during the week.
If you want to lose weight but can't seem to make it with diets, go visit your doctor and he/she will make a diagnose, as you might have hormonal problems.
If you want to read similar articles to How to do the Fat-Burning Soup Diet, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.