Easy Hairstyle Ideas for Long Straight Hair
Give your look an overhaul in next to no time at all! There are plenty of hairstyle ideas online as many women share their latest looks on social network. It's a quick and easy way of transforming your image. Hairstyles we see on the red carpet can be mimicked; all you need is a little time and enthusiasm about trying a new, fresh look. OneHowTo has some easy hairstyle ideas for long, straight hair that you can achieve in the blink in the eye.
Bun with a braid
Let's start with an easy hairstyle for long hair that will give you a vintage style that's suitable for any occasion. This is a very simple option and is achieved by following these steps:
- Step 1: Comb your hair well to remove tangles, and tie in a low ponytail.
- Step 2: With the hair secured, tie another band to the lower part, making sure that this band is thinner than the previous, to better manage the hair.
- Step 3: Now twist the hair around the upper band and secure with some clips.
- Step 4: Slide the clips around the base of the entire bun to keep it in place, as shown in the image. Apply a little hairspray to set your hair thoroughly and you're all done!
Styling to the side
One of the more popular hairstyles for long hair is to style it to the side. This entails bringing all the hair to one side of the face to create a more feminine, polished look than the typical loose locks.
One of the easier hairstyles to achieve is that shown below. The first thing you have to do is to curl the ends of your hair or, if you want a more voluminous, relaxed look, start the curls from the middle of the hair (like the girl shown in the image).
Then simply take a large strand from one side of the head and twist it tightly. Bring this to the other side (as far as the strand will reach) and secure it there with some clips. To keep your hairdo in place apply plenty of hairspray for a incredibly elegant and beautiful look.
Hairstyles with braids
This is one of the latest hairstyle trends. A plait creates a feminine and casual look. To achieve this flattering style, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Comb your hair to remove away any knots that you may have.
- Step 2: Plait your hair, creating a French plait and leaving the ends loose.
- Step 3: Keep the plait in place and continue plaiting so that it falls down the nape of your neck. Fasten with a band.
- Step 4: Set the do with some hairspray for a longer lasting result.
As you can see, it is an easy hairstyle to achieve, but very beautiful and elegant. You can also learn how to make a fishtail braid.
Easy vintage updo
Vintage fashion is more popular than ever and, in line with this, hairstyles worn by old Hollywood stars are back in fashion. To create a vintage ponytail , follow these 5 easy steps.
- Step 1: Comb your hair to remove tangles and then tie it in a low ponytail, as shown in the first photo.
- Step 2: Spread the hair just above the band and put all of your hair through the gap you create. Pass the hair through the hole from the outside in, to achieve the desired effect.
- Step 3: Then divide the hair into two parts and pull apart to either side.
- Step 4: Finally, fold the hair over the band, making sure that it covers the band completely and secure to create a vintage style bun.
- Step 5: To secure this do in place, use hairpins to attach the ends for an even look. You'll have to be patient, if you have a lot of hair, you may have to use many hairpins.
Easy ponytail hairstyle
Ponytails are also more fashionable today and is very simple to achieve for a perfectly elegant and sophisticated style suitable for any occasion. To do this, comb your hair and create a middle parting so tat hair strands frame your face and make it look slimmer.
The beauty of this hairstyle is that the hair is tied slightly off-centre so that it falls to one side of your neck and creates an elegantly feminine image.
Notice that this isn't a structured hairdo; rather, it is a relaxed style wit a few loose strands here and there. You could leave two thick strands to fall at either side of your face. Spray with hairspray to keep it intact for longer.
If you want to read similar articles to Easy Hairstyle Ideas for Long Straight Hair, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.