How to Use a Pumice Stone on Your Underarms
When summer arrives, sleeveless tops and dresses becomes an important part of every girl’s wardrobe. Some people want to show off their underarm hair with pride, whereas others prefer to have smoother skin either for comfort, style or just personal preference. In the latter case, underarm hairs or dark stubble can be distracting from our desired beautiful summer look. There are many cosmetics and home remedies available which can help to get rid of it. One such natural remedy is pumice stone. In this oneHOWTO article we will tell you how to use a pumice stone on your underarms.
What is a Pumice Stone?
Pumice stone is a lightweight porous stone. It is formed when hot lava mixes with water and then cools down. This results in the porous structure of stone which is abrasive. This uneven abrasive surface is great in getting rid of dead skin. That’s why it is used as beauty essential for exfoliation all over the world. It is harsh for sensitive area like bikini area and face but works perfectly for legs, back, arms and shoulders. When ground down, it can be used as a mild abrasive in some other products such as exfoliating washes and even some toothpastes. It is all natural and has been around since ancient times with records existing of both early Greeks and Romans using it to remove excess hair.
Benefits of Pumice Stone on Underarms
There are three main benefits of using a pumice stone on the underarm area and they are as follows:
- Regular use of a pumice stone helps in getting rid of dark armpits.
- It helps exfoliate the skin of armpit and brightens the area.
- Pumice stones, when used regularly on underarms, can decrease the future growth of armpit hair.
Steps to Use a Pumice Stone on Underarms
Although the pumice stone is used for its balance between being abrasive enough to be effective without damaging the skin, it only does so when used correctly. We have outlined the necessary steps for you to get the most out of it:
- Firstly, wash your underarms with warm soapy water. It will soften the skin and the hair of the armpit.
- Take the pumice stone and soak it in soap water for a few minutes. This will wet the stone and it will be easier to use.
- Then gently rub the pumice stone on the armpits in a constant circular motion.
- Once the scrubbing is done, rinse the armpits with water. Pat skin dry before finally applying a mild moisturizer. After this you should feel a definite difference in the skin of your underarms. It should feel clean, bright and soft to the touch.
- When the scrubbing is complete, take the Pumice stone and hold it under running water. This will remove the dead skin and hairs caught between the pores. If you don’t feel satisfied then take a mug of warm soapy water and soak your pumice stone in it again. It will bring out the dirt and clean the stone thoroughly.
- Finally keep the stone in a clean dry place and let it dry completely before using again.
Note: Do not use Pumice stone if your underarms which are sensitive. Also, do not use it if there is rash or infection on the skin. It might be a good idea to use it very lightly to start and see if there is any reaction before using it more energetically.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Use a Pumice Stone on Your Underarms, we recommend you browse around our Beauty & Personal Care category.