How to naturally fight and prevent wrinkles with home remedies
As we age, our skin becomes less flexible due to the loss of collagen and elastin, which leads to the formation of wrinkles. This, coupled with other factors such as repetitive facial expressions (frowning, raising the forehead) poor skin care and harmful habits like smoking increase the aging process. To truly prevent wrinkles, you must begin when you are still young and wrinkle-free, but what do we do to reduce them when they are already there? At OneHowTo.com we explain how to fight wrinkles with home remedies which will help to improve your skin's appearance.
The first thing to know is what habits to change to dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles at a later age. We recommend:
- Add to your diet foods good for the skin and which allow you to get vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants preventing the skin's early deterioration, helping skin look young despite the passing years.
- Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is essential for keeping your skin hydrated and reduce the wrinkles. It is useless to attack the wrinkles from the outside if you do not fight from the inside, too.
- Get rid of harmful habits such as smoking, which encourage the formation of free radicals and affects the tone and health of your skin. This is a crucial step to fight wrinkles.
- Protect your skin well from the sun to avoid the damage that UV and UVA rays can cause.
- Always wear sunglasses and hats. When the sun gets in your eyes, you tend to squint a lot. Squinting causes wrinkles, so make sure to keep the sun at bay.
Olive oil is one of the best natural remedies for wrinkles because of its many skin benefits, among which are its moisturising capabilities and supply of essential fats.
A good way to use it daily is as a makeup remover, this way you can remove your makeup with a natural ingredient that also helps fight wrinkles.
Another perfect ally when fighting wrinkles with home remedies is almond oil. Like olive oil, it has moisturising properties, nutrients and vitamins significantly benefitting your face and helping your skin to say nourished and in good condition and to better cope with the ravages of climate.
It is also recommended that you use almond oil as a natural cleanser for excellent results.
One of the best natural ingredients to fight wrinkles is aloe vera. It is a natural skin regenerator that helps remove blemishes, heal and improve the appearance of the skin.
It is best to purchase an aloe vera plant and get pulp from the leaves although it is possible to buy it in health food stores. With it you can make a mask to apply weekly to your face as directed by our article how to make a facial mask with aloe vera. Or, you can also make a lotion with aloe vera, to be used as a moisturizer.
Egg is another common alternative for giving your face an instantaneous lifting effect with the best results. Simply apply egg white on your face for 20 minutes and then remove it with warm water. You will notice your skin is smoother and rejuvenated.
There are several foods that are rich in vitamin E, antioxidants and nutrients that allow us to nourish our skin, improve our appearance and get the best results. Carrot, avocado, cucumber and honey are the most commonly used natural treatments for facial wrinkles. And at OneHowTo, we give you some masks for wrinkles, made with these ingredients, that will help conceal them and combat premature aging.
If you want to read similar articles to How to naturally fight and prevent wrinkles with home remedies, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.