How to Hide Dark Circles without Makeup
Dark circles, those purplish circles that appear in the area around the eye, are often a complete nightmare for many of us. In our desperation, we reach out for some makeup to correct this and makeup has become an indispensable tool in our daily lives. However, for those who are not accustomed to wearing makeup on a daily basis or if they prefer to hide these things naturally, there are some options out there. On OneHowTo we will give you some ideas and tips on how to hide dark circles without using makeup.
The skin in the contour of the eye is very delicate and discoloration in this area is caused by an excess of melanin as well as the dilation of the capillaries, which can also produce bags under the eyes.
If the source of your dark circles is due to a heredity condition, we recommend you visit a dermatologist who may prescribe a cream to clarify the skin, and thus it will unify the tone of your skin to make sure your dark circles do not reel in too much attention. You should note that people with fair skin are more likely to have dark circles in the skin under the eyes.
The first step to hide dark circles without using makeup is to sleep well. You need about 8 hours of sleep. It's very important, not only to eliminate dark circles, but to ensure a better performance throughout the day, besides being a healthy habit that your body will appreciate. Your daily rest will be reflected in your health. Try sleeping with your head a little higher up to avoid those annoying bags under the eyes and, if your schedule allows it, you can also take a little nap for no more than 30 minutes.
Your diet is another important factor to remove dark circles without using make-up. The ideal diet should be a balanced one that is rich in protein, vegetables and fruits. Drinking water will help keep you stay hydrated, which will affect the overall health of your skin, and water helps you expel the toxins generated by your body on a daily basis. However, do not drink too much fluid before bed! When you wake up, wash your face with cold water to stimulate the circulation. Remember that habits like smoking and excessive drinking contribute to the dehydration of your skin, which will make it look lifeless and even make your dark circles worse.
Protect your eyes from the sun. The skin around the eyes is very delicate, which is why we must be extremely careful. Use sunglasses and sunscreen daily as well as a special moisturizer for the face. Also try to establish a cleaning routine for your face. This will help prevent premature aging.
Another option for removing dark circles without makeup is by using natural medicine. Mother Nature has many foods that will help you treat dark circles naturally. Fruits like strawberries and kiwi have anti-inflammatory properties. They also provide large amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants that help stimulate circulation in that area and bring vitality back to your look. On the other side, you've got cucumber and potato or some herbs like chamomile, marjoram and mint. You can also try a few drops of almond oil or hamamelis. These also stimulate circulation in this area and they hydrate the area deeply.
Here we show you how to do these home remedies:
- With a cotton pad, apply some almond oil under your eyes. Put it on just before bedtime.
- Place a few thin slices of cucumber on your eyes for 20 minutes, then take the opportunity to relax and refresh your face with cold water. You can do the same procedure using kiwi or potato.
- Prepare an infusion of chamomile, mint or marjoram and let it cool slightly. Dip a cotton ball in the tea and place it on your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Grab some strawberries and purée them, let them cool slightly and place them on the eye area for 30 minutes. Wash them off with cold water.
- Take a look at these homemade masks for dark circles for more
Facial exercises are also a way to hide dark circles without using makeup. Stand in front of a mirror and perform them:
- Place your fingers on your eyebrows, lift them all that you can. Hold the position for a few seconds, rest and repeat 10 times. Besides reducing your dark circles, this will help fight wrinkles on the forehead.
- With a light touch, but without too much pressure, go around your eye contours with your index finger. It will improve the circulation in this area.
- Close your eyes, relax and move slowly the eyes up and down. Do this 10 times.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Hide Dark Circles without Makeup, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.