How to Clean False Eyelashes for Reuse at Home
Reusable false eyelashes are great as we can continue to use them for a couple of times, depending on their material and quality. However, sometimes these lashes start to look crusty and not as fresh and new as they were before. Thankfully, we can simply clean them at home to get them back to their originals state.
In this oneHOWTOarticle we're going to teach you how to clean your false eyelashes for reuse at home with simple materials! Keep reading and follow our guide to get your false eyelashes looking fresh.
Materials you need to clean your false eyelashes
To clean your false eyelashes you will need:
- Water-based makeup remover: oil-based makeup removers can deform false eyelashes and reduce their adherence when glued. That's why we recommend that you always go for a high-quality, water-based make-up remover. Keep in mind that this maintenance is not only essential for the condition of the eyelashes, but also to prevent them from accumulating dust and dirt particles that can irritate your eyes. Therefore, the more natural and harmless the product you use, the greater the safety.
- Cotton swabs: to wipe the eyelashes, it is best to use cotton swabs. Some people use cotton balls, but these can leave fibers stuck between the eyelashes, so here at oneHOWTO we recommend you stick with cotton swabs.
- Tweezers: Tweezers are only to remove large pieces of glue that may have been between the eyelashes, but in no case should you use them if you can use your fingers, as this will avoid deforming the hairs on the lashes.
- To clean your false eyelashes without makeup remover, you can use neutral soap with water.
To keep your false eyelashes fresh and clean we recommend you wash your false lashes every 10-12 days or as soon as you see them getting a little crusty.
How to clean false eyelashes - step by step
Once you have your tools ready, it's time to start cleaning your false eyelashes. Just remember that this tutorial is best for glued false eyelashes, not so much for the magnetic eyelashes. Now, to clean your false eyelashes for reuse follow these steps:
- Start by washing your hands with neutral soap. This step is essential, since your fingers will come into contact with your eyelashes and your eyes, so they must be well cleaned and disinfected.
- Carefully peel off your false lashes from your eyes, always using the tips of your fingers rather than tweezers or your nails as this is a delicate
- Soak a cotton swab in the water-based makeup remover and wipe off any excess glue that is left on the lash strip.
- Now it's time to clean your lashes thoroughly, so soak two new cotton swabs in the makeup remover and start removing any residue. Start at the base and go out. Do this with both lashes
- To remove more difficult glue residue, you can use tweezers, but always be very careful not to pull out hairs or deform the eyelashes.
- Once you've rubbed them gently with the cotton swabs, place them on a tissue and allow them to air dry completely.
- Optional: once they are dry, you can spray a little rubbing alcohol to remove any bacteria that may have been left in the lashes.
You may also want to check out our article about how to do your makeup for a night out.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Clean False Eyelashes for Reuse at Home, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.