How to Make Homemade Body Cream
One of the best home remedies to keep a healthy and well-maintained skin is, without a doubt, a good moisturizer. There are several body creams with multiple properties that help regenerate tissues, tighten skin, rinse, moisturize or simply return good looks and tone. It is important to use such creams daily if we want to fight ageing and sagging.
Here at OneHowTo we offer natural and affordable alternatives to take care of your skin's needs. Do you want to know more? Read the following article and find out how to make homemade body cream. Choose the one that best suits your skin type and discover its wonderful benefits.
Homemade body lotion for dry skin
If you suffer from dry skin, this cream is right for you. Thanks to its properties you can hydrate and moisturize your body to restore its shine, health and good looks. To prepare this homemade cream for dry skin all you need is soybean oil, avocado oil, margarine or cocoa butter, calendula essence and water.
- Mix 3 tablespoons soybean oil, 2 tablespoons avocado oil, and a teaspoon butter or margarine in a bowl.
- Warm them in a bain-marie. Stir the ingredients until the mixture is fully liquid.
- Add about 5 drops of calendula essence - previously diluted in water - to the mixture.
- Then, place the mixture in the refrigerator and chill for a few hours.
Ready! Once the mixture has solidified, you can start your body treatment with this homemade lotion for dry skin. Use it daily to restore shine and hydration to your skin. You'll notice the difference!
Homemade body cream for oily skin
If you have oily skin you may have noticed that your skin tends to shine and produce acne, and thus special care is necessary. Of course, this type of skin counteracts more factors of aging, slowing it. The objective of using a body cream for oily skin is to avoid skin disorders and the appearance of spots. To prepare it you'll need essential oil of geranium and lavender, jojoba vegetable oil and a sheet of beeswax.
- Heat a glass in a bain-marie and pour a sheet of beeswax into it until melted.
- Then add 60 grams jojoba oil and let it completely dissolve with the wax. This is especially good for oily skin because it has many antioxidant properties, so its use is essential to promote your skin's overall good condition.
- Remove the glass from the heat and add 5 drops of each essential oil (lavender and geranium). These essences are ideal to balance out the fat and stop skin disorders.
- Finally, place the mixture in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
Ready! You have your homemade body lotion ready to clean, moisturize and improve the condition of oily skin. Try it now!
Homemade body cream for sensitive skin
It is important to pamper and take good care of sensitive skin. Therefore, we suggest a home remedy that will help you protect your skin, especially if you are prone to irritation, redness or allergies. To prepare this body cream you'll need cocoa butter and coconut oil.
- Heat up a cup of cocoa butter and a cup of coconut oil in a bain-marie.
- When they have completely melted and are mixed, take both ingredients, place them in an airtight container and put the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Before applying the body cream, blend the mixture of butter and oil until you have a heavenly fluffy foam.
Ready! Apply the cream carefully and let it act. You'll notice that it softens, moisturizes and protects your skin. You can save what's left over in a cool, dry place or directly in the refrigerator until the next use.
Homemade reaffirming cream
If what you need is to tone your skin, then this natural home remedy will be your solution. We propose a recipe for a reaffirming body cream. It's ideal to regenerate tissue and, simultaneously, strengthen and smooth the surface of skin, protecting the elastic fibers from damage. This homemade cream will become your greatest ally, and you'll only you need beeswax, rosemary, grapeseed oil, baking soda and the essential oil you like best (vanilla, coconut, lavender...).
- Prepare an herbal infusion with a teaspoon of rosemary and water.
- While the herbs steep and give off all its properties, fill half a glass of grapeseed oil and add a tablespoon of beeswax. You must heat it until melted and fully diluted with the oil.
- Once the infusion is prepared, add a little baking soda (about a tablespoon) and a few drops of the essential oil that you have chosen.
- When the ingredients are mixed adequately, pour the mixture from the infusion into the glass with the grapeseed oil and wax.
- You should end up with a creamy blend.
- Place the mixture in an airtight jar and let it sit in a cool, dry space.
Ready! It's time to apply the reaffirming treatment and help the areas that have lost firmness regain full strength and elasticity.
This is how to make homemade body cream depending on your skin type. Try them!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Homemade Body Cream, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.