How To Use Hair Conditioner Properly
Conditioner, believe it or not, is a commodity when you wash your hair and keep it well hydrated. Each type of hair requires the use of a specific conditioner, i.e, one that contains adequate nutrients and components to meet each of their needs. When we follow the instructions of the product, we can all benefit from its effects, and provide hydration, softness, shine, easy combing plus repairing split ends and preventing hair breakage. If you want to know how to use hair conditioner properly, do not miss the following tips from OneHowTo.
As we noted, it is fundamental to choose a brand that perfectly suits the demands of your hair in order to use hair conditioner properly , because only in this way will get your hair looking much more beautiful and full of life. If you want to discover the best formula for your hair, choose carefully:
- Frizzy and dry hair: Choose hydrating conditioners to neutralize this condition. Search for conditioners with an oil base.
- Thin hair: Choose a conditioner specifically designed to give volume to your hair. Look for cetyl or sterayl based conditioner.
- Normal hair: Lucky you! Most conditioners will work wonders on your hair and will make it extra soft.
- Greasy hair: In this case you should look for light-based conditioners such as water based.
- Colored hair: In order to keep the color for longer, you should look for one that also has sunscreen incorporated in the conditioner.
There is no harm in using hair conditioners each time you wash your hair, but there are certain recommendations regarding the frequency of use in terms of hair type. Take note!
- Oily hair: Not to overuse conditioner, simply apply an untangling conditioner on the tips.
- Dry hair: Apply conditioner every wash as it will provide the hydration and nutrition this type of hair needs.
- Normal hair: Use conditioner 4 or 5 times a week, focusing especially on the ends.
You can also try to make your hair conditioner at home!
So, more to the point, here's how to use hair conditioner properly:
First, you must wash your hair with your regular shampoo and rinse your hair well with warm water. Remove excess water by rubbing it with a towel. Now, apply the conditioner to all the strands, starting from the tips and climbing up to the scalp. Give yourself a little scalp massage to help all the ingredients penetrate correctly and let it stand for the time indicated on the package. Finish by rinsing the hair with cold water and without rubbing sharply to close up your cuticules.
A very effective piece of advice if you have long hair is to apply the conditioner after passing a wide-toothed comb through your hair. This way, you will ensure that all areas are covered and well hydrated.
Similar to with other lotions, it is also important give your hair a day off from conditioning one day a week. You only have to wash your hair using a shampoo and comb well to remove those residues left by hair products and which accumulate on the scalp.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Use Hair Conditioner Properly, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.