How Often To Peel Your Face
Peeling is a technique which helps to remove dead cells that accumulate on our skin. However, the frequency with which we use a peel depends on the goal we want to achieve with the treatment and the method we are using for our facial. As well as homemade peels you can also get a chemical peel that will help you get a more professional result, specifically for the most damaged skin.
At OneHowTo we help you uncover how often to peel your face so you can do this beauty treatment in a responsible and healthy way.
People who tend to use a peel at home can do it with cosmetics or homemade scrubs. It is advisable not to exfoliate your skin too much to maintain our skin's natural protection, so it is advisable that home peels are carried out in accordance with the type of skin you have.
However, it is true that there are cosmetics for daily exfoliation; this type of product is designed for daily use so doesn't aggressively attack the skin. If you have this type of scrub, you can make a homemade peel every day.
How often you should use a peel with a normal exfoliant depends on the type of skin you have, in general we suggest the following:
- If you have oily skin use a scrub 1 or 2 times a week
- If your skin is normal or mixed use it 1 time per week
- If you have dry or sensitive skin exfoliate once every 2 weeks
Chemical peels are professional peels that are performed when a patient needs a more specific and thorough treatment. There are 3 types of chemical peels that depend on the depth of the beauty treatment:
- Surface peel: this closes pores and softens scars caused by acne or wrinkles.
- Medium peel: used in cases where you want to repair skin aging by acting on the finer or medium depth wrinkles. It is also used to treat sun spots.
- Deep peel: used to reduce deep wrinkles and to reduce the presence of sunspots that have been there for a long time. The results of this peel are spectacular due to the deep clean carried out on the skin.
The answer to how often to use a chemical peel will vary according to the type of peel used and the goal we want to achieve with the treatment. For example, if you are looking for a peel that gives you more luminous skin, 4-8 weekly or biweekly sessions are suggested. When sessions are deeper, the time between sessions is larger and full treatment is conducted annually.
As you can see, knowing the appropriate intervals for having a chemical peel depends a lot on the specific conditions of each person and their final goal.
At OneHowTo we suggest you visit a specialist to examine your skin and determine which treatment you need.
If you want to read similar articles to How Often To Peel Your Face, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.