How To Use Ginger To Treat Hair Loss
Ginger is a natural ingredient used for many treatments for both health and beauty. Preventing hair loss or baldness is one of the talents of this super ingredient.
It has properties that stimulate the natural blood flow to the hair and provides an abundance of vitamins. In this oneHOWTO article we explain how to use ginger to treat hair loss revealing its properties and the different methods in which you can use it.
Properties of ginger for hair
Ginger is native to Asia. During the 13th and 14th centuries ginger was commonly traded to Europe and was incredibly expensive. Luckily, it is now widely accessible and won't cost you an arm and a leg.
The Hindu medicine Ayurveda is that which makes use of herbs to achieve both improved physical and mental health. It is from this concept that many current natural remedies originate and, among them, the use of ginger against hair loss or hair baldness.
- This plant is a powerful ingredient that helps stimulate blood flow to the scalp; This ensures that there is better circulation in the capillary zone and thus the hair follicles. Therefore, stimulating their growth.
- The fatty acids contained in ginger are perfect to care for and restore weak or thin hair. So adding a little of this plant in your beauty treatments you will help your hair be stronger and healthier and therefore less likely to fall out.
- The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of ginger also improve blood circulation in the scalp and, therefore, the hair is more stimulated for growth.
- Ginger also contains the antioxidant gingerol, which helps to fight free radicals. These must be avoided as they can damage hair cells, and cause thinning and baldness.
Besides helping prevent hair loss and baldness the properties of ginger work perfectly for other hair treatments such as eradicating dandruff or making hair grow faster.
Using ginger on hair
To make use of all of its properties, you should know that there are different ways of doing so. From ready made preparations available in herbalists to a DIY hair cream. We share the most commonly used and effective ways:
- Ginger with essential oils or vegetable oils: take the ginger root in powder format or the natural plant root. Grate or take a spoonful of root and add a tablespoon of jojoba oil, olive oil or coconut oil, which ever you prefer. Mix the ingredients and apply the result on the scalp with a light circular massage. Let the ointment act for over 30 minutes and then wash with your usual shampoo. Repeat this treatment 2 times per week and you will have noticeably stronger hair.
- Ginger Root: you must grate this part of the plant and heat it in a pot with a little water. When hot, put it to the side and spread the paste on the area where you have baldness or sparse growth. While you apply it on the area do not forget to do circular massages as this helps stimulate blood flow. Then, put on a classic shower cap and let the ginger act for 45 minutes. Repeat this treatment as often as possible (it is advisable to do it daily) until you see the hair begins to reappear.
- Prepared mixtures: in natural product stores you will find ready-made products of ginger mixed with essential oils; you can purchase one of these and apply the liquid to the scalp with a circular massage. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse with plenty of water. Repeat this process 2 times per week and your hair will gradually become stronger and more abundant.
Natural Remedies for Hair Loss
In addition to using ginger for baldness you can make use of the benefits of other natural ingredients that also serve this purpose. For example, Amla is another remedy used in Ayurveda to fight hair loss. Aloe vera is a natural plant that also works perfectly to hydrate and make our hair stronger and healthier.
Rosemary, horsetail or nettles are also herbs and grasses that work perfectly for baldness. You just have to make tea with these herbs and drink them daily; you will notice more lush and abundant hair.
There are some some natural hair dyes that stimulate hair growth, such as katam.
Apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar are also good allies for combating hair loss or baldness. To make this home remedy you just need to mix a glass of water with two tablespoons of vinegar, apply it on the scalp with a massage and rinse after 15 minutes.
Other health benefits of ginger
As well as its effective use for baldness and hair loss, ginger has a range of properties that benefit our health. Here are a few:
Ginger for digestion
The root acts as a natural treatment for digestive disorders, such as nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, bloating, etc. This is due to the fact that ginger promotes the digestive process. That's why ginger is also good for babies.
Ginger or ginger tea, also facilitates the secretion of gastric juices, improves GERD symptoms and eliminates heaviness after a heavy meal. This is why it can also be used to lose weight. Do not miss our article on using ginger for weight loss.
A natural inflammatory
Ginger can also prevent clots and is therefore very good to lower cholesterol levels too.
Great for colds
Its properties can help reduce coughs, bronchitis and other respiratory problems. Likewise, ir is also recommended for people prone to sinusitis, as this root is able to reduce inflammation of the sinuses and improve the condition.
With this said, it is important to note that ginger can also provoke contraindications and side effects. People with gallstones, hypertension, Crohn's disease, gastritis, diabetes and pregnant women should always consult their doctor before consumption.
If you found this article useful, you may be interested in:
If you want to read similar articles to How To Use Ginger To Treat Hair Loss, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.