How To Make Homemade Hair Masks For Split Ends
Most women want to have beautiful, shiny, silky hair, but with split ends and damaged hair it's impossible. Split ends can be caused by numerous factors that range from excessive use of styling products, such as dryers or hair irons, to a poor diet. The first reaction when dealing with split ends is always to trim them. However, with the proper natural products, you can repair split ends and restore your hair to its natural shine and vitality. In this OneHowTo.com article, we'll show you how to make homemade hair masks for split ends, so you can improve the health of your hair easily and inexpensively.
Homemade hair mask for split ends with beer
Beer has multiple cosmetic properties, including conditioning and regenerating and it's the perfect ingredient to repair split ends from dry hair. Fill a glass with beer and pour it all over your hair, making sure to moisten the split ends well. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes.
Another option is to make a homemade mask with beer and mix 2 spoonfuls vinegar with 2 spoonfuls of beer and apply the mixture to your hair and then leave it on for a few minutes.
Before applying any of these natural hair masks, wash your hair and apply conditioner to the split ends. After applying the mask and leaving it on, rinse your hair with warm water.
Homemade hair mask for split ends with aloe vera
Another ideal ingredient for split ends is aloe vera. To make a homemade mask, cut an aloe vera leaf, extract the pulp and apply it throughout the hair, taking special care to coat the split ends. We recommend that your hair is already wet or, mix the aloe pulp with water for best results. Leave the mask on your hair for 30 minutes then wash it as you would normally. Now that you've tried an aloe hair mask, why not try an aloe vera face mask at the same time?
Homemade hair mask for split ends with butter
Butter is one of the most moisturising ingredients for both skin and hair. Therefore, don't miss out on trying a natural mask with butter to repair split ends. To make it, you need the following ingredients:
- Melted butter
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 spoonful lemon juice
Apply melted butter to the split ends of your hair, cover them with plastic wrap for better absorption and leave on for 20 minutes. Then, prepare half a glass of vinegar, mixed with 15 ml of lemon juice and 15 ml of warm water, and wash the split ends with the solution.
Homemade mask for split ends and oily hair
Many women have an oily scalp, with split ends that are dry. Of course, if your hair is prone to being oily, the homemade masks mentioned above will only make it greasier. But don't worry, there are other natural products well suited for this type of hair. Therefore, use lemon to reduce an oily scalp and mix olive oil and honey to repair split ends.
- Prepare a mixture of plain yogurt and the juice of half a lemon
- Apply the solution to your scalp, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash your hair
- For split ends, make another natural hair mask using an egg yolk, 3 spoonfuls of olive oil and 1 spoonful of honey
- Apply this second mask to the split ends, without applying any to the roots, and leave on for 15 minutes, then wash your hair.
- It's very important that you alternate between using these homemade masks to balance the health of your hair and use only one of them at a time.
Often, very greasy or very dry hair leads to dandruff. If this is your case, read about home made remedies for dandruff. For more hair mask ideas, check out how to make an avocado hair mask or a banana-honey hair mask.
Tips to avoid split ends
Once you have treated your hair and have made your split ends disappear, it's important you know some tips that will help you avoid them from reappearing. At OneHowTo we give you a list of tips to treat your hair and manage to make the tips of your hair stay intact:
- Brush your hair twice a day without pulling and untangle with patience and softly.
- Choose the right brush for your hair type: if you have short hair your brush should have wider bristles, if you have longer hair use flat and long brushes.
- Use products that are made with natural ingredients as much as you can as the chemicals can damage the health of your hair.
- Do not abuse beauty appliances such as hair dryers or flat irons and avoid using them on the ends.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Make Homemade Hair Masks For Split Ends, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.