How to Make Homemade Energizing Face Masks with Green Tea
Green tea has become one of the most popular drinks worldwide, praised for its countless benefits for our bodies and especially for its antioxidant powers that prevent the oxidation of the cells, protecting us from many diseases. It is not only good for our well-being but is also perfect to take care of your skin, rejuvenating it and making it look brighter and more beautiful. Would you like to know how you can use green tea to beautify your skin? If so, don't miss out on this OneHowTo article where we show you how to make energizing face masks with green tea.
The properties of green tea for the skin
The benefits of green tea for our health are numerous but it is also good to beautify the skin thanks to its multiple compounds that look after your appearance and always help keep it looking young and flawless. The best properties of green tea for the skin include:
- It is a powerful antioxidant. Its compounds such as tannin and catechin are what turn green tea into a spectacular natural remedy to delay skin aging caused by the effects of free radicals.
- It strengthens the protective layer of skin, preserving its moisture and keeping it well hydrated.
- It reduces the harmful effects of sunlight on the skin and redness or inflammation that can be caused by overexposure to the sun's UV rays.
- It is excellent for treating acne due to its antibacterial properties, and also helps to remove blackheads and toxins from the skin.
- Because of its vitamin C, it boosts collagen production, which is vital in preventing the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It is also recommended to help improve the appearance of skin with rosacea.
Hydrating and rejuvenating green tea face mask
If you want to completely renew your skin and make it look radiant, bright and fresher, the following homemade green tea face mask is perfect for you. Moreover, by adding honey, a powerful natural moisturizer and rejuvenator, it will help prevent wrinkles, frown lines and crow's feet.
To make this, you just have to mix two tablespoons of green tea with honey. Then spread the mixture all over the face, leave on for 15 minutes and afterwards rinse off with cold water. We recommend repeating this treatment twice a week to notice its effects on your face.
Green tea face mask for acne
Acne prone skin requires products that will thoroughly clean and help avoid the appearance of impurities, blemishes, spots, etc. And for these, green tea is a good ally but it's even better when combined with apple cider vinegar, which is ideal to refresh and purify the skin completely.
Make a green tea infusion in a small cup and add 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Apply this liquid mixture onto clean skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Try it and see how it makes your skin look much healthier.
Green tea face mask for oily skin
Oily skin continually suffers from looking greasy, with a shiny T-zone and breakouts of blemishes and blackheads. And even though there are many special products to treat it, the following homemade face mask using green tea and oatmeal is very effective to soothe this type of skin, reducing excess oil and reducing impurities.
To try it out, prepare some green tea, and once it has cooled, add 3 teaspoons of oatmeal. Blend until you have a smooth paste and then it's ready to apply it onto your face.
See our article how to make homemade face masks for oily skin.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Homemade Energizing Face Masks with Green Tea, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.