How To Make A Coffee Face Mask
A good cup of coffee is, for many people, the only thing that gets them to wake up in the morning. Good news, coffee lovers - your favorite seen is also a good solution to make your skin look brighter, fresher and more vital. There are many creams and cosmetics that use caffeine as a key element in their formula, but you do not have to use them to enjoy the many benefits of coffee for the skin . you can use a homemade face mask instead!
In this oneHOWTO article we'll explain how to make a coffee face mask using used ground coffee beans - we're all about a no-waste lifestyle, after all.
What does a coffee face mask do?
The caffeine content will help reduce swelling and restore the skin's lost blush, brightness and vitality. The ground beans are perfect to clean and scrub, while caffeine has a tightening effect on your skin pores.
When should you use a coffee face mask?
Other advantages of coffee face masks include their power to reduce face inflammation. This homemade mask will be your best ally for those days when you haven't got much sleep or have slept badly and you wake up with slightly puffy face.
How to make a simple coffee face mask:
The ingredients you will need are basic and common in any kitchen. Grab a container in which to mix everything, like a cup; a spoon; a little water; and what remains after making your morning coffee.
If you have an American style coffee machine, use the coffee grinds in the filter; if you have an Italian style machine, just unscrew and remove the debris left between the parts of the cafetiere. In short, you do not need to use brand new coffee beans. This is a great way to reuse, recycle and have a more sustainable coffee habit.
- Mix the leftover ground coffee beans with water. Remember that there must be more coffee than water, because the result has to be a rather close texture to a cream or a paste than a liquid. Some recipes change the water for milk for more hydration.
- Once you have the mixture, apply it on the skin of the face, being careful not to get in your eyes.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- After this time has passed, remove it with water and you will notice an immediate effect.
How to make a coffee, yogurt and cocoa face mask:
This homemade face mask is perfect to exfoliate and detoxify the skin. You'll need coffee beans, the same amount of cocoa powder, and 7 tablespoons plain yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients well to create a paste.
- Apply the coffee, yogurt and cocoa mask on your face.
- Let the homemade mask rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water - not hot!
How to make a coffee, honey and oats face mask:
This homemade face mask is better if you have sensitive or dry skin, as it's gentler and more nourishing. You will need ground coffee beans, twice as much ground oats and a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix the ground coffee, the oats and the honey.
- Apply on your face.
- Let the mask work its soothing magic for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
How to make a coffee, cocoa, milk and olive oil face mask:
This is the most complete mask in our guide, because it's both a scrub and a nourishing treatment. You will need ground coffee beans, as much cocoa powder, twice as much dairy or almond milk, a tablespoon olive oil - you can also use almond oil or, if you have oily skin, lemon juice - and a tablespoon honey, which can be skipped if you are prone to acne.
- Mix the coffee and the cocoa powder.
- Add the milk and blend well to make a paste. You can decide the amount depending on the texture you find most practical.
- Add the olive oil and the honey, or the substitute ingredients.
- Apply on your face.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes or until it dries.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Make A Coffee Face Mask, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.