How to Do the Lemon Detox Diet
One of the most popular diets today is the lemon detox diet as this fruit has plenty of benefits for the body. This diet allows you to lose about 8 kilos in just two weeks, but beware as losing weight too fast is not advisable. There are enough nutrients in this diet to keep you energized and also sufficient to cleanse your body of unwanted toxins. If you are looking for a detox that has existed for years and are willing to start up your metabolism, learn how to do the lemon detox diet to put your body in motion.
Before you start to do the lemon detox diet, it's important to be clear on what this weight loss method is all about. It's a detox diet that should be followed during a week and that, as the name indicates, has lemon juice as its main ingredient. Even though and to guarantee your health, you should not only take this citrus fruit but also other nutrients through the combination of fruit, fish, vegetables and wholewheat cereal.
This diet has become popular due to the slimming properties that lemon has to offer, as it's a fruit that gets rid of toxins, eases food digestion, has a filling effect, is low in calories and favors the elimination of liquids from the body.
To follow the lemon detox diet, you should prepare the mix we show you next, as it will be this lemon juice that you'll have to take during the days of your detox process. The first step is to take a glass and fill it halfway with 200 mL of ice water. Then take half a lemon and squeeze the juice into the glass, making sure to leave out the pulp and seeds.
Now, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. If you do not have maple syrup, you can use a cinnamon stick or honey. The syrup, cinnamon or honey we use will decrease the acidity of the lemon and add a touch of flavor.
Add a pinch of Cayenne pepper, or ground ginger if you have no pepper, both ingredients are perfect to favor purification of the body and benefit digestion. Stir them in with a spoon. When you have mixed all the ingredients add the 200 ml of cold water to your glass and stir again. You now have your lemon drink for the detox diet. Drink this half a liter at least six or eight times a day for 7 days for best results and reach your weight loss goals.
Of course, you can't live off lemon, so if you're going to start this detox diet, you also need to add vegetables, fruit, fish and cereal, preferably in its whole-wheat version. For example, you can take two glasses of the lemon juice and a salad with carrot, tomato, watercress, two slices of pineapple or chicken breast with lemon for lunch; drink two glasses of the lemon mix and a plate of wholemeal rice with a boiled egg and a pear for dessert for dinner. For breakfast, you can make lemon tea and sweeten it with stevia. This way, you won't risk your health and you won't have any nutritional deficiencies.
Take into account it's not advisable to do the lemon detox diet more than once or twice a year, this will not only benefit weight loss but will also purify your organism. Consult a doctor or nutritionist beforehand and check if your health allows you to follow such a diet.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Do the Lemon Detox Diet, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.
- Make sure the water is cold just before drinking it, it helps in the detoxification process.
- Use ginger or cayenne pepper for a crisp, sharp flavour.
- Buy fresh lemons and press them just before serving for maximum freshness and flavour.
- For best results try to stay on the diet for the allotted time
- You may feel weak during the first days, it is then that your body is releasing toxins and getting rid of unwanted fat.
- Always consult your doctor before starting this or any other weight loss program.
- If you begin to feel very dizzy, sit down and ask for help.
- Do not use imitation lemon juice because it will not give you the toxin releasing benefits of pure lemon juice.
- Do not eat solid foods while on this diet.
- Do not use anything other than pure maple syrup as it could have added sugar and preservatives that could stall your weight loss.