How Often Should I Wash My Hair
Washing your hair is something we do regularly to keep it healthy, clean and always looking its best. But as simple as this is, it's up for debate among hair care experts, who do not quite agree on how often it should be washed. And if you have also ever wondered how often you should wash your hair, in the following OneHowTo article we have a few tips for you to work out what's the healthiest amount of time for your hair.
How often should I wash my hair?
The issue of how often you should wash your hair generates multiple opinions among experts in dermatology and cosmetology, since we can find professionals who say that it is best to wash your hair every day as well as those who recommend it just once a week. Our recommendation is that ideally you should wash it an amount somewhere in between, every other day and this way we will ensure that our hair is always clean with a dazzling appearance and a pleasant smell.
Washing frequency according to hair type
If you ever wondered if it is bad to wash your hair every day, the answer is no, although in this case it is preferable to use a pH neutral shampoo that provides a deep clean without being harsh. To have splendid looking hair, you can determine how often you should wash it depending on the type of hair you have, note the following tips:
- If your hair is oily and the next day after washing, the scalp is matted and oily, then you should give it a daily wash. It will also be essential to try to solve this problem using special lotions to regulate your oil production and provide special care .
- If, however, you hair is dry, washing it daily dries out the scalp even more, damaging and weakening it. In this case, it is advisable to wash your hair every other day so it is clean and well hydrated.
Tips for washing hair
Shampooing is a basic and essential routine to maintain healthy, strong and beautiful hair, and the way you do it is also very important. With the tricks shown below, you can protect it:
- Choose a neutral shampoo, free from alcohol or fragrances. Even better, use a homemade shampoo
- In terms of quantity, use only a hazelnut sized amount if you have short hair or medium hair, and a larger amount in the case of long hair.
- Take a few minutes to rinse, do it with warm water and end by applying a jet of cold water to seal the cuticles and bring you shine.
- Use a suitable conditioner for your hair type and a nutritious mask once a week.
At OneHowTo you can also learn how to make clean hair last longer too!
If you want to read similar articles to How Often Should I Wash My Hair, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.